Talk

Advanced search

Queer Eye on Netflix a makeover show with a difference

(38 Posts)
EachandEveryone Wed 14-Feb-18 14:37:37

I loved the original show and I’m so glad it’s come back. Anyone watching? It’s not Trinny and Susana and I’m not sure how pc it is but it’s bloody addictive!

EachandEveryone Fri 16-Feb-18 21:23:12

Am i the only one that is binge watching this? grin

ShortandAnnoying Fri 16-Feb-18 21:26:33

We watched this my dd loves it and wants to call them in stat.

Awrite Sat 17-Feb-18 19:31:57

I didn't watch the original but seem to be addicted to this one.

The episode with the gay guy had me in total floods of tears. In fact, most episodes bring a little tear to my eye.

Love the fab 5.

EachandEveryone Sat 17-Feb-18 22:45:08

Yes they are all so lovely. I like how we are seeing a different side to America. I love all those old diners.

CrabappleBiscuit Sat 17-Feb-18 22:48:41

Are you watching that in the U.K.? I couldn’t find it on Netflix..

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sat 17-Feb-18 22:48:50

I absolutely loved the original QEFTSG. DH regretted telling me about the reboot when I proceeded to watch the whole series in the space of two days blush Sorry not sorry...

EachandEveryone Sat 17-Feb-18 23:02:48

Its on Netflix.

When was it originally on? I know ive seen it woth Jay and Carson but i seem to think i was in America at the time on holiday.

Awrite Sat 17-Feb-18 23:19:58

@crab - it's called QE.

CrabappleBiscuit Sun 18-Feb-18 07:54:04

*awrite Ta!

bonfireheart Sun 18-Feb-18 09:24:21

Just watched the first episode thanks to this thread and I Iove it already!!

Awrite Sun 18-Feb-18 09:25:40

Be warned - there's only 8 episodes! 8!

I am bereft.

And I totally fancy Antoni, the food and wine guy.

bonfireheart Sun 18-Feb-18 09:29:23

I like all five but I fell in love with Antoni at first sight!
I'm into interior design and they did such a fab job on the house.

CharisMater Sun 18-Feb-18 09:49:53

I'm watching this now and laughing out loud at Tommy making five stylish gay guys a ''red neck margarita'' in his dilapidated kitchen!

EachandEveryone Mon 19-Feb-18 00:05:23

Im not keen on this episide 4 tbh, he doesn't need a makeover and his house is amazing.

EachandEveryone Mon 19-Feb-18 21:33:31

Omg Remy and his grannys house. Im bawling!

bonfireheart Tue 20-Feb-18 16:48:39

The gay might not have needed a makeover but his journey was about much much more than that. The whole show is so "American" with al their rousing speeches but somehow it works and I'm glad that it isn't al just about external appearance which is what I was expecting. It's about people's stories, their self-belief and having confidence. Although every time they do those "this had changed my life" speeches I wonder what a stiff upper lip British version would be like!

bonfireheart Tue 20-Feb-18 16:49:07

*the gay man (edit button please!)

ILikeyourHairyHands Tue 20-Feb-18 17:05:27

I've just binge watched the lot whilst eating fish finger sandwiches. Living. The. Dream.

I rather fancy Tan. I've decided he would totally be my new GBF.

EachandEveryone Tue 20-Feb-18 21:19:47

Do you think Tan has changed his name to sound more fashion? I love his hair.

They are all adorable. They did try it in the uk but it never took off. I like how they are seeing people that totally they wouldnt cross paths with.

Did anyone else rgink the father of many was more handsome before the makeover?

bonfireheart Wed 21-Feb-18 08:13:45

They shouldn't have shaved off his beard, just tidied it up a bit.

EachandEveryone Wed 21-Feb-18 08:57:34

My hairderesser friend said the hair dresser on the show is entertaining but hes no hairdresser.

EachandEveryone Mon 26-Feb-18 01:55:36

Ive just watched the last one with the firemen. I bawled my eyes out!

Charismatictac Mon 26-Feb-18 19:01:49

They tried in Ireland to do a whole life makeover (operation transformation) and it was so awkward and uncomfortable. Admitting things are better now means airing dirty laundry that you were discontented before, and that format makes people this side of the pond cringe unless it's done very well. Maybe a psychotherapists show. 5 shrinks who dont care what you wear. That could work.

dingdongdigeridoo Mon 26-Feb-18 23:54:28

I enjoyed the first two eps. I thought the redneck guy was really sweet and seemed to have neglected himself quite a bit. Just buying him a new mattress and helping with his skin condition must have made a big difference. I hope he got back with his ex wife.

I wasn’t so keen on the guy in the second episode. He was a bit of an oddball so I was a bit cringey to watch at times. But they seemed to do a good job bringing him out of his shell.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: