Talk

Advanced search

Keeping Faith BBC drama

(25 Posts)
Cagliostro Wed 14-Feb-18 13:51:17

Anyone watch this? Just found it on iplayer. Love Eve Myles, her husband goes missing in it.

cansu Wed 14-Feb-18 15:29:09

Watched it today. Am slightly itritated by all the shots of her being sexy and shoqing what a marvellous couple they are. Will carry on in hope mystery side develops.

Cagliostro Wed 14-Feb-18 16:31:39

Yes that was overegged a bit wasn’t it.

I got all confused when Alys saw her dad outside the window at the end. That was her imagining it right?

sothatdidntwork Wed 14-Feb-18 16:38:10

I was about to ask the same Cag - yes I think the daughter must have been imagining it.

Found it gripping! The driving licence is odd though - surely he should have taken it (and the disguise) with him if he was planning to leave without trace?

I read it slightly differently cansu - I thought there was a hint that she was alcohol dependent, although maybe that was more the newly divorced friend. But the neighbour noticing that she often slept downstairs suggested that.

cansu Wed 14-Feb-18 17:23:32

she may be but that wasn't what I was noticing. I was more thinking about all the focus on her clothing, heels, hair being flung around looked very OTT.

Birdbath99 Wed 14-Feb-18 22:48:12

I saw it weeks ago in Welsh. A bit meh at the end.......Twitter was awash with WTF? .......you’ll see.

Birdbath99 Wed 14-Feb-18 22:49:40

Oh and they are a real life husband and wife (incase you didn’t know)

Nottheduchessofcambridge Thu 15-Feb-18 12:05:27

I watched it, was it definitely her dad at the window? Did he know his wife had gone to look for him and was waiting for her to go?

MrKaplansGlasses Thu 15-Feb-18 12:20:37

I watched it too. I didn't think it was the dad at the window. I quite enjoyed it although I really dislike having to wait for a week between episodes - Neflix binges have spoiled me obviously!

sothatdidntwork Thu 15-Feb-18 12:40:05

Just watched the last bit again - I think it's definitely a real person that Alys sees, as the audience sees his shadow before she turns round. But yes it may not be the father.

Surely time for Faith to call the police again straight away now she's found his tie - you wouldn't wait until morning would you? But I can see she may be in a daze at the moment.

Suspect Alys knows quite a lot, and we will discover that in the next episodes.

Hogtini Thu 15-Feb-18 22:49:38

I really enjoyed this. The writing and acting is.so natural. Looking forwarding to the next eps

Hogtini Thu 15-Feb-18 22:49:51

*forward

ShangriLaLaLa Thu 15-Feb-18 23:13:55

Is this the same story as un bore mercher? I might watch it in the hope of a different ending... Loved the locations.

Birdbath99 Fri 16-Feb-18 13:21:56

Its Un Bore Mercher and the ending will be the same sadly

spiderlight Fri 16-Feb-18 18:38:28

I didn't realise they'd done it in Welsh as well. Quite enjoyed the first one.

CheshireDing Mon 19-Feb-18 06:32:15

I thought the man at the window was Arthur, the court case man.

spiderlight Wed 21-Feb-18 16:29:38

Does anyone know what the song is that's playing at the end of episode 2?

Birdbath99 Wed 21-Feb-18 18:53:39

Isnt the same song played in each episide?

Spam88 Wed 21-Feb-18 19:02:08

Oh I didn't realise it'd been done in Welsh, I'd have watched that if I'd known. Enjoying it so far 👍

I shazammed the song, it's Faith's Song by Amy Wadge.

Birdbath99 Wed 21-Feb-18 20:35:30

Sung by Ela Hughes

AnyFucker Wed 21-Feb-18 20:38:32

Gwenhwyfar Thu 22-Feb-18 23:50:17

I watched it in Welsh too. I enjoyed it very much. I do think the songs in the middle slows it down too much and there are too many shots of the main character lying down or playing with her hair or whatever. Seems to be exactly the same as the Welsh version except that the actress who plays Delyth has changed from Betsan Llwyd to Suzanne Packer.

Eve Myles apparently learnt Welsh especially for this role.

spiderlight Fri 23-Feb-18 10:08:08

Thank you, Birdbath and Spam!

Birdbath99 Fri 23-Feb-18 16:31:54

If you can watch a programme with subtitles have a look at Craith which is on S4C at the moment. Gripping!

Gwenhwyfar Sat 24-Feb-18 19:59:50

"If you can watch a programme with subtitles"

Surely, if you can read you can watch a programme with subtitles.
Only in Britain (and the US I suppose) would watching a programme with subtitles be counted as a special skill!

I'm also enjoying Craith. The first episode was a slow starter, but it's got better. Also available on BBC i player and S4C's catchup website with subtitles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now