Talk

Advanced search

Love and drugs on the street

(8 Posts)
buddhasbelly Sun 11-Feb-18 22:37:45

Had anyone been watching these miniseries on bbc iplayer?

It follows young women on the streets of brighton and surrounding areas. They've had one series already and just released another one.

I've found it hard viewing to know that this is some people's daily lives. It's eye opening to see how many homeless people came from the care system. I suppose that's something I just sort of accepted but the interviews in the series, I don't know gives names, faces to homelessness.

Just thought I'd post for anyone interested in watching to know that there's now a second series on.

notwonderwoman Sun 11-Feb-18 22:48:22

Yes I've seen most of them I think. Very tough viewing. Paige ? I think seems like such a bright girl. I really hoped it would work out for her.

buddhasbelly Sun 11-Feb-18 22:50:06

Yes that was her. I hope so too. There seemed like so much lost potential that I hope is found again.

The new series follows different people.

LilaBlue Sun 11-Feb-18 23:00:02

Yes, it's heartbreaking.

Debbiedoos Sun 22-Jul-18 22:18:56

I would give them all a home poor kelly an Paige

Hels20 Mon 23-Jul-18 07:21:45

I haven’t caught up with these - but I did watch the mini series (about 10 in all - lasting about 20 mins) with a similar vein on the Red light district in Holbein - which was a lot about drug addiction.

Lostalldirection Wed 01-Aug-18 07:04:43

Series 3 is being screened now, I watched it on BBC catch up. It's so sad. All the young women seem to have potential but are caught up in a cycle. So sad to see another is pregnant and only managed to secure a hostile for a few weeks so potentially homeless again before baby is due. What will happen to their baby will it be taken at birth? I'm shocked at how little help there is for these young women.

sagasleathertrousers Fri 10-Aug-18 21:13:01

Just finished beyond reasonable doubt and he definitely did it.

Don't get the painting thing though. It's weird but how can it be linked? Unless he had it planned and bought the painting to 'stage' it like his previous murder in some creepy twist. But surely that's a very risky business as would encourage police to link the two. I suppose it would be quite dramatic and he is a writer...Maybe Kathleen just remembered the painting from her friend's house and bought it to remind herself of her. Unless it actually was her friend's painting...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: