Talk

Advanced search

Hull’s Headscarf Heroes did you watch it?

(12 Posts)
EachandEveryone Thu 08-Feb-18 09:34:13

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09r8jvr if you never theres the link. It’s brilliant.

DereksGotATail Thu 08-Feb-18 11:48:21

Yes, I watched it.
I'm from the area and I'm ashamed to say that I only knew vague details about these tragedies. It's hard to believe that those men went to work without basic safety measures in place in such treacherous conditions.

CoolCarrie Thu 08-Feb-18 11:48:31

Yes, I did. It was excellent, very strong determined women. I love programmes like this, spotlighting little known stories and showing people power at its best.

HelenaDove Thu 08-Feb-18 16:54:54

i watched it. Full of admiration for Lil and Yvonne and all the women who campaigned Huge achievement.

VanillaSugar Fri 09-Feb-18 17:39:30

Yes. It was brilliant. Hard to think that all that happened along the quay where Mr Chu is based!

NotQuitePerfect Thu 15-Feb-18 11:36:51

Thanks for the recommendation.
At home, full of a cold, watched this yesterday and can’t stop thinking about it. Amazing story, well told. It should be more widely known about shock

PaddingtonBearHardStare Thu 15-Feb-18 18:42:23

Hope this link works, petition to get the last remaining member on The Queens Birthday Honours List

https://www.change.org/p/uk-government-yvonne-marie-blenkinsop-on-2018-queen-s-birthday-honours-list

addler Thu 15-Feb-18 18:46:33

Thanks for this link, I'm going to watch tonight. I come from a family of Hull fisherman so this is close to my heart.

NotQuitePerfect Fri 16-Feb-18 08:03:03

Signed the petition - thanks for the link Paddington wink

VanillaSugar Fri 16-Feb-18 08:19:10

Signed and shared -thanks Paddington

Did anyone see the play that was performed in November about these ladies?

CoolCarrie Fri 16-Feb-18 13:44:36

Signed and shared thank you for the link. It’s about time real heroes and heroines got honours instead of stage and film stars.

EachandEveryone Wed 21-Feb-18 00:18:44

My mum went to the play said it was fantastic.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: