Talk

Advanced search

The office (US)

(48 Posts)
LeslieKnopefan Tue 06-Feb-18 23:00:41

Anyone else love this show? Might have finished a few years ago but it’s still my go to show when bored or feeling down.

For anyone that hasn’t watched it, stick with it. Season 1 is poor but it starts to find its own way by season 2 and becomes it’s only shown with little in common with the U.K. show.

Yoksha Tue 06-Feb-18 23:09:54

Oh I just love this. Pure genius. Bought my Dh the whole box set for a present, and we binge watched it over Christmas. Some real laugh out loud moments. We're planning another marathon sometime. I had withdrawal symptoms when we finished.

DwangelaForever Tue 06-Feb-18 23:13:36

Yes, hence my screen name grin

MadMags Tue 06-Feb-18 23:17:08

The fire drill one...😂😂😂

IfeellikeaJoan Tue 06-Feb-18 23:20:01

Yes loved it! Trying to get DP to watch it with me but he's resisting so far. I'll break him though, just like I did with Buffy and Angel grin

LeslieKnopefan Tue 06-Feb-18 23:23:52

The fire drill episode kills me, what with the beginning part and then the CPR training.

My favourite episode is the dinner party with the flat screen tv, it makes me cringe so much but too funny.

LeslieKnopefan Tue 06-Feb-18 23:31:37

Thought of more bits that make me laugh just thinking about them...

Kevin’s chilli and when Dwight hazes Holly into thinking Kevin has a low IQ.

Klobuchar Tue 06-Feb-18 23:32:40

Where they’re playing the ‘Dallas’ board game. Brilliant

MadMags Wed 07-Feb-18 10:02:58

That cracks me up!

Phyllis’s wedding, too.

You’ve made me start to re-watch them so thank you! Nothings ever quite hit the mark since.

I actually hated the UK one!

Howdydoodyfolks Wed 07-Feb-18 23:06:04

Kevin sitting on Michael's lap at Xmas "I dont know what to ask for, I didnt know you were going to ask that" grin

shakeyourcaboose Wed 07-Feb-18 23:09:23

Love love this show!! Mine and DHs unofficial song is 'one night'.... You took me by the hand..... Although Jan Levinson -Gould- scares me a bit!

shakeyourcaboose Wed 07-Feb-18 23:09:53

Strike through fail!

LeslieKnopefan Thu 08-Feb-18 23:41:59

When jan uses the sperm bank that Kevin had been to grin

Oh and the episode when Dwight kills Angela’s cat and she says there were scratch marks in the French fries in the freezer shock

LeslieKnopefan Fri 09-Feb-18 02:42:39

The first episode where I think it finally found its own path and one of my favourite is the injury.

“I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself.” grin

BBTHREE76 Fri 09-Feb-18 12:52:03

This is my absolute favourite show ever. I love all the characters but particularly Dwight and the fire drill scene (which Dwight caused on purpose) is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Here’s my fridge magnet which no one else understands or gets but you all will 😂😂😂

BBTHREE76 Fri 09-Feb-18 12:53:44

Sorry I got so giddy when I saw the thread title that I didn’t read the thread. I see loads of us love the fire drill one 👍🏻

DwangelaForever Fri 09-Feb-18 16:04:00

Just watched Threat Level Midnight grin anyone else hate Holly as much as I do?

MadMags Fri 09-Feb-18 16:10:49

Ugh. I hate her! But I’m glad Michael found someone.

TheCatsWhiskers Fri 09-Feb-18 17:58:15

I loved it until Catherine Tate joined, then I couldn't carry on watching it.

MadMags Sat 10-Feb-18 12:48:07

Same. I actually didn’t watch it past James Spader. I did watch the last one, though.

It was never going to last without Steve Carrell was it? Shouldn’t have been attempted really.

Strummerville Sat 10-Feb-18 19:07:04

Yes, I love it, perfect comfort TV. Just finished my third or fourth (I forget) watch-through a couple of months ago.

I love the dinner party. Their faces when Michael and Jan start arguing about the multiple vasectomies..."snip-snap-snip-snap!" grin

I hate when Holly first arrives...nothing against the actress or the character...just that's she's the beginning of the end! She takes Michael away from Scranton where he belongs sad <may be overinvested>

NoTractorsAtTheTable Sat 10-Feb-18 21:55:34

Why waste time say lot word when few word do trick?

When me president, they see....they see.

grin

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.

grin

LeslieKnopefan Wed 14-Feb-18 00:02:29

My favourite quote...

What is my perfect crime? I break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do I go for the vault? No, I go for the chandelier. It's priceless. As I'm taking it down, a woman catches me. She tells me to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. I say no. We make love all night. In the morning, the cops come and I escape in one of their uniforms. I tell her to meet me in Mexico, but I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I like the cold. Thirty years later, I get a postcard. I have a son and he's the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting. I tell Tiffany to meet me in Paris by the Trocadero. She's been waiting for me all these years. She's never taken another lover. I don't care. I don't show up. I go to Berlin. That's where I stashed the chandelier.

LeslieKnopefan Wed 14-Feb-18 01:05:01

Thought of another favourite episode!

Fun Run!

From Michael hitting Meridith in his car to fundraising for a cure for rabies! Such an amazing episode

DwangelaForever Wed 14-Feb-18 07:27:44

@LeslieKnopefan yesss I love that Dwight quote!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: