Talk

Advanced search

Next of Kin ending ....confused

(9 Posts)
Ineedabiscuit Tue 06-Feb-18 22:21:12

I don’t understand the ending where we see the grandmother living in Pakistan At a madrasa - does that mean she was implicated and supporting the extremists?
Also would like hear feedback gererally about this drama - what do you all think?

thenightsky Tue 06-Feb-18 22:22:16

I'm just watching the last one now. I'll let you know in half an hour.

Ineedabiscuit Tue 06-Feb-18 22:44:56

Thank you smile

thenightsky Tue 06-Feb-18 22:49:45

I don't think granny was supporting the extremists. I think she moved to Lahore to be close to where her son was when he died. The little girl bringing her the flower was the one he had treated - his last patient.

The other scene of the same imam with a new group of recruits all being indoctrinated, which then cut to the scene of the rich backer cutting the ribbon on his power station was to show how the cycle was continuing.

That's my thinking anyway.

jillycar Tue 06-Feb-18 23:52:42

I agree with you but it does make you feel a bit questioning about the Grandma! Really enjoyed the drama- scary subject matter but very well done I thought.

BitOfFun Wed 07-Feb-18 00:09:05

I agree with thenightsky. It would simply be too cheesy and ambiguous a twist for it to be otherwise.

blueskypink Wed 07-Feb-18 00:19:18

I assumed the grandmother had gone to Lahore to see where her son had worked. She was in the hospital compound wasn't she? I presumed she was just visiting rather than living there and I don't think there was any suggestion that she was involved in terrorism.

HouseOfMouse Wed 07-Feb-18 01:08:25

She was at her son's charity I thought - not the same place as the preacher.

Ineedabiscuit Wed 07-Feb-18 21:12:27

Thanks eveyone especially thenightsky for summarising it so succinctly.
I just thought it odd the way they deliberately put the two scenes in Pakistan one of the other - to create ambiguity especially as the granny funded Danny's trip to the madrassa in the first place and kept it secret for so long...
However I think your take on it a better
one !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now