Talk

Advanced search

Netflix cutting Jonathan Creek and Maddie's first kiss

(4 Posts)
Cherrypi Sun 04-Feb-18 10:20:51

Why would they do this? I know it's a twenty year old programme but I like that bit. It's the episode with the dead lady in the wardrobe and they kiss to get rid of the boring man she met on a blind date. They're in bed together in the next episode so it can't be for smut reasons. It ruins the narrative. Does Netflix often do this?

brokenshoes Mon 05-Feb-18 21:04:12

No idea about whether it's a Netflix thing, but I caught an old Jonathan Creek episode on the Drama channel a while ago. I didn't start watching from the beginning of the episode, but enough to follow the story.

Except the denouement made absolutely no sense at all. I wondered if I'd missed something key at the beginning.

I looked the episode up on IMBD and it turned out the Drama channel had cut the crucial scene, I think because it was deemed too violent, but it rendered the episode utterly pointless.

Cherrypi Fri 09-Feb-18 18:07:57

How bloody annoying. That’s just not on.

PrivateParkin Fri 09-Feb-18 21:16:33

It's so annoying isn't it? I don't know about Netflix but when Drama/alibi etc show programmes that were originally on BBC, there is often loads cut out of them because they're squeezing it into an hour that includes ads, whereas on BBC, the programme itself would have been a full hour (or almost). It gets my goat!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now