Talk

Advanced search

Rome Unpacked

(8 Posts)
wowfudge Fri 12-Jan-18 22:02:03

Missed it last week, but have just seen tonight's programme. Really interesting - the enthusiasm is infectious. I have been to Rome, but I want to go again now!

LouiseBrooks Sat 13-Jan-18 12:00:03

Made me want to go back too. I don't pay much attention to the cookery bits (although I love Italian food) but I've been a fan if Andrew Graham Dixon for years and the two of then do work well together.

lolaflores Sat 13-Jan-18 12:07:04

Just watched it this morning. I loved all the other unpackeds. The thought occured to me today...lads, have a snog. get it out of the way. the Bromance is heaving off the screen.
I really enjoy them enjoying one anothers company and expertise and i am also thinking of going with the family int he spring. before it gets too hot.
not sure about tripe in honesty

LoniceraJaponica Sat 13-Jan-18 12:09:29

" I don't pay much attention to the cookery bits"

That's the main reason I watch these programmes grin
Although, having been to Rome I would want to watch this programme for the other bits as well.

onemouseplace Mon 15-Jan-18 16:36:40

I've loved all the Unpackeds - they just make such an interesting, enthusiastic presenting team and I love that Andrew Graham Dixon doesn't always go for the obvious when picking his works of art.

DH is a bit of an offal fan, and I could see his brain trying to work out if he could persuade me to go to that stall/ cafe near the old abbettoir net time we go!

We saved it as perfect Sunday night tv.

wowfudge Mon 15-Jan-18 21:31:48

I've accidentally eaten tripe (we were given someone else's order in a restaurant) and the texture is weird - I wouldn't choose to order it.

wowfudge Mon 15-Jan-18 21:35:10

I think Andrew Graham-Dixon's talent is bringing art to life in context - his descriptions are really evocative.

Laska5772 Mon 15-Jan-18 21:36:41

We recently went to Florence and I was so glad that I watched Andrew Graham Dixon's 'Medici's the Makers of Modern art' on Youtube beforehand .. I really recommend it as a watch . He is so good at making art and art history come to life.. ( I know nothing about the subject ..)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now