Talk

Advanced search

BLACK MIRROR DISCUSSION WITH SPOILERS

(93 Posts)
BattleCuntGalactica Sat 30-Dec-17 01:02:50

Okay so I don't think I could have made it any clearer that spoil will be rampant in here.

I just finished binging series four. Therefore I am emotionally compromised by black mirror and saying oh my god a lot.

• USS Callister was amazing, and sad but mostly amazing.
• Arkangel was a headfuck because my step-daughter is around the same age as the girl was when she got the implant.
• Crocodile was kind of a disappointment for me but I like the fact that she was outed as a killer by a guinea pig.
• Hang The DJ is basically where I expect the horrors of Tinder to progress in the next however many decades. I could see the ending coming but it didn't make it any less brilliant.
• Metalhead was fantastic black and white dystopian horror, and now I demand a legion of robot dogs to do my bidding. I realise I might die at their behest but it would be worth it for small METAL TERROR.
• Black Museum was absolute fucking genius. So so satisfying.

Please someone fangirl with me before I splode.

Series three is still my favourite though. San Junipero made me cry happy tears and the rest of the series was just mindfuckingly some of the best tv I have ever seen.

HangryHanderSonOfGod Sat 30-Dec-17 01:11:12

Hello
Haven't watched them all but saw Hang the DJ then Arkangel this evening. Enjoyed both. Have been watching with my DD who likes dystopian stuff. It could have been worse - we thought at some point the daughter might cut out her implant. Which two should we watch next?

TrojansAreSmegheads Sat 30-Dec-17 01:13:28

i watched the lot back to back today.
loved them.

TrojansAreSmegheads Sat 30-Dec-17 01:13:56

just clocked the time.
yesterday then.

BattleCuntGalactica Sat 30-Dec-17 01:15:14

@HangryHanderSonOfGod honestly I would just watch them in the order they come. I know they're not interlinked, but they all need watching after all!

I'm still reeling from Black Museum. I NEED MOAR.

BattleCuntGalactica Sat 30-Dec-17 01:16:58

@TrojansAreSmegheads what I cannot fathom is that some of my mates haven't seen them.

WHY THE FUCK NOT GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER PEOPLE

I get a bit rabid about black mirror. Yes it's dark and full of fuck you up imagery, but dammit it's so good.

TrojansAreSmegheads Sat 30-Dec-17 01:18:13

😁
it is.
we need more tv like this

tallwivglasses Sat 30-Dec-17 01:32:36

There's a series 4? Series 1-3 have just got me through the flu. How did I miss them before? I kind of feel I need to be ill again and on Bailey's before I tackle the next one.

BitOfFun Sat 30-Dec-17 01:38:17

I'm just on Crocodile now- the main thing for me (being a Liverpudlian) is noticing the accents. Hers isn't too bad, although it slides into Irish a bit too much. Her boyfriend's is shocking grin.

chipscheeseandcurrysauce Sat 30-Dec-17 01:45:47

@tallwivglasses the new series came out yesterday

TreesAndCheese Sat 30-Dec-17 01:53:29

I have binged watched them. Now on Black Museum. Absolutely brilliant.

BitOfFun Sat 30-Dec-17 02:04:14

I keep being reminded of Doreen Corkhill from Brookside fgrin

BattleCuntGalactica Sat 30-Dec-17 03:34:49

@BitOfFun HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ohgod that's bang on.

Elendon Sat 30-Dec-17 09:30:38

I loved watching them all. Metalhead was scary and nail biting to the finish. So all that for a box of teddy bears? Did they get the number wrong? Those robot dogs were evil. Maxine Peake was fantastic.

I didn't understand the ending of Hang the DJ (love that song).

And Black Museum was chilling too. Always something there to remind me is one of the best break up songs ever!

EleanorXx Sat 30-Dec-17 09:52:50

I’ve seen hang the dj and black museum. Adored both. Black museum was so creepy, particularly that monkey. Hang the dj was very sweet and I loved the ending

Elendon Sat 30-Dec-17 09:55:07

So was the ending of Hang The DJ really just two young people meeting in a pub, in the old fashioned way? This was my take on it and it was sweet if that is the case. It was a fabulous love story.

Cornettoninja Sat 30-Dec-17 12:36:31

I've been really excited since this was announced grin

Only watched the first three so far. Really enjoyed the first two.

I liked the third but it left me feeling a bit 'icky'. Think it was a combination of the bleak landscape and the disturbing murders. Bit like the paedophile one from the last series.

CaptainHammer Sat 30-Dec-17 14:06:43

An enjoyable series, nor my favourite but still very good.

USS Callister was much better than I thought it would be from the trailer. I felt sorry for him at the start! I’ve seen different views online but as they now have 10 days off work and I’m guessing he has no family he’ll die there in his chair.
The end of Crocodile was so sad, poor child. Love that the guinea pig outed her and she was caught too.
Arkangel was enjoyable but I guessed a lot of it which I can’t normally do with Black Mirror episodes.
Loved the end of Black Museum, brilliant twist.

I think my order of favourites is; Black Museum, USS Callister, Crocodile, Hang The DJ, Arkangel, then Metalhead.

Hangry Black Museum had lots of little bits from the series in it so I’d watch them in order for that!

chipscheeseandcurrysauce Sat 30-Dec-17 14:12:03

I've just finished USS Callister. It's so fucked up but really sad. I guess Karma got to Robert in the end, for being a creepy arsehole.

HangryHanderSonOfGod Sat 30-Dec-17 14:30:17

I just watched Black Museum and it was utterly compelling. Very very good.

HangryHanderSonOfGod Sat 30-Dec-17 14:33:52

I am hopeless with easter eggs and cross referencing so the order doesn't make a difference for me personally, as with tardis, I always need such things pointing out! For anyone like me...
www.digitalspy.com/tv/black-mirror/feature/a846047/black-mirror-black-museum-easter-eggs-shared-universe-explainer/

CourtneyLoveIsMySpiritAnimal Sat 30-Dec-17 14:41:01

I was a teeny bit disappointed with this series after the brilliance of S3. I think it seems to be mostly rehashing the same ideas.

Maxine Peake was amazing as always in Metalhead and my favourite episodes were Hang the DJ and Black Museum.

Crocodile had massive potential but I saw the twist coming a mile away.

CaptainHammer Sat 30-Dec-17 14:43:16

I’m normally the same for not noticing things but they really focus on the lollipop from USS Callister so it’s hard to miss! Thanks for the link Hangry, I didn’t clock the White Bear outfit. I did think the Arkangel iPad thing was in one of the displays too but that article didn’t mention it. I’ll have to watch it again, what a shame!

Gierg Sat 30-Dec-17 16:21:11

@CourtneyLoveIsMySpiritAnimal

I was also a wee bit disappointed. The stories were good but, it felt very samey tech wise somehow, but maybe that was the point with Black Museum as the end?

Really didn't understand Metalhead... where were the dogs from? Why were they stealing bears? What was happening in that world? But I still think it was my favourite episode of the series! :p

BattleCuntGalactica Sat 30-Dec-17 17:04:42

The thing with Metalhead was purely survival. The bigger picture didn't really matter because the message to me was clear; if you're human, you don't stand a chance against organised killer technology that will inevitably wipe out everything. The black and white dystopian landscape was brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now