Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watching Bancroft?

(202 Posts)
TallulahBetty Mon 11-Dec-17 21:47:50

So far so good... seems to be trying to be Scott & Bailey, which could be a good thing

TattyCat Mon 11-Dec-17 21:50:51

Yes, but just a bit confused (not difficult with me!). Who was the murderer 27 years ago? We just saw her face but she looked like Elizabeth... who also appears to be having flashbacks...

EMSMUM16 Mon 11-Dec-17 22:01:26

Is it just me or does Sarah Parish look totally different? Whats8with her mouth??

TattyCat Mon 11-Dec-17 22:03:22

She has a different hairstyle, otherwise looks the same to me, just a bit older...

JaneyEJones Mon 11-Dec-17 22:03:25

Yes it was Bancroft, I presume we'll find out why over the next few nights.
Killing the bloke in the wheelchair seemed a bit ott. You'd think she'd just have found the file and destroyed it years ago.

LineyRunner Mon 11-Dec-17 22:04:16

I like it.

Bancroft is having flashbacks to 27 years ago, but are they really of her killing the murder victim or are they the result of stress and projection?

I like Stevens. Very good.

Purpleprickles Mon 11-Dec-17 22:06:20

I'm disappointed, I was also hoping for a Scott and Bailey type but now she's a successful detective with a dodgy past on a killing spree to protect her secrets. Would have just been good to have a strong female lead again who wasn't majorly flawed.

JaneyEJones Mon 11-Dec-17 22:12:55

'but are they really of her killing the murder victim or are they the result of stress and projection?'
Yes you're right, maybe she's just imagining what the killer did. As she was first on the scene it would be a bit of a stretch if she did it.

MissWimpyDimple Mon 11-Dec-17 22:13:14

I thought the bloke in the pic with the victim was the same one in the pic in bancrofts kitchen? Could that be why it all happened?

Clawdy Mon 11-Dec-17 22:14:04

It all seemed a bit clichéd to me. Nothing we haven't seen before. Disappointing really.

UrsulaPandress Mon 11-Dec-17 22:15:01

It's bound to be a jealous woman

Had high expectations but really.

Oldsu Mon 11-Dec-17 22:15:06

I am watching it for Linus Roach who plays the murdered woman's husband hopefully he will be in it tomorrow, I did see him and her in the wedding pictures but bit confused as to why the father was down as next of kin and not him we shall see, I know he is shown in flashbacks and in real time as he was talking about how they made him look younger with technology, I like Linus

Purpleprickles Mon 11-Dec-17 22:15:10

I was wondering if Bancoroft's husband was the father of Laura's baby MissWimpy.

TattyCat Mon 11-Dec-17 22:17:20

When Bancroft was seen just prior to entering the victim's house, she was moving too slowly and with trepidation - not what the police would do but would perhaps if she already knew what she was going to be faced with. But it didn't really look like her when they showed the killer - just similar, so it threw me a bit...

Optimist1 Mon 11-Dec-17 22:23:17

Did anyone else find it difficult not to expect a "Exactly. No. I don't wan't that. Exactly." line or two (a la W1A) from Sarah Parish? grin

I did quite enjoy it, and just took it at face value rather than thinking the scenes of her murdering Laura were projection.

According to Radio Times, we were supposed to be having a four part series about the Hatton Garden robbery this week - any idea why it was changed to this?

TattyCat Mon 11-Dec-17 22:30:15

I think I'll give this one a miss from here. Just started watching 'The Widower' on ITV3 - I think I prefer this to yet another detective drama.

Battleax Mon 11-Dec-17 22:32:13

She has a different hairstyle, otherwise looks the same to me, just a bit older..

Pull the other one grin

Fishfingersandwichnocheese Mon 11-Dec-17 22:33:25

If it was just projection why did she kill the former police officer guy ?

Fishfingersandwichnocheese Mon 11-Dec-17 22:34:02

I also thought her mouth looked a bit odd. I’ve not seen her in much but I did think it. She’s had some work done probably.

Battleax Mon 11-Dec-17 22:35:50

It's been very noticeable on W1A. I hope she stops it. She's beautiful and would look much better without the procedures.

TallulahBetty Mon 11-Dec-17 22:36:31

Love the fact that we only have to wait until tomorrow for the next ep! wine

Fishfingersandwichnocheese Mon 11-Dec-17 22:37:32

I know she’s had a facelift but I think maybe something more as well ?

Clawdy Mon 11-Dec-17 22:40:36

But we don't know that she killed the wheel chair guy, do we?

LineyRunner Mon 11-Dec-17 22:41:18

I presumed it was CGI-ed?

Battleax Mon 11-Dec-17 22:42:27

Yes fish, it's as though she has nerve damage to her upper lip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now