Talk

Advanced search

Employable Me, bbc2

(17 Posts)
MaitreKarlsson Mon 04-Dec-17 21:34:01

Anyone else watching? It's excellent but making me blub. The people are great, determined and sensible. They just need a break...

ijustwannadance Mon 04-Dec-17 21:38:34

I'm watching. They are fantastic.

Aeroflotgirl Mon 04-Dec-17 21:52:23

They are fantastic, Nicola is absolutely lovely.

MaitreKarlsson Mon 04-Dec-17 21:59:13

Watching on a bit of a delay...poor Nicola to be in so much pain and not wanting to say anything. She is a star.

MaitreKarlsson Mon 04-Dec-17 22:15:44

Hurrah! Go Nicola and Marve...

purpleme12 Tue 05-Dec-17 00:42:29

Yes I watched it. It's interesting.

Nicola is just a really likeable person isn't she. I thought she was lovely and was really rooting for her. I thought she was trying so hard to prove herself. In fact I got worried about her when she started with those aches. I hope they continue to be successful with it all.

mumofthemonsters808 Tue 05-Dec-17 12:15:16

Well, I actually cried when Nicola got her job, what an inspirational, young woman, I was thrilled for Marv too.

MaitreKarlsson Tue 05-Dec-17 15:00:39

Nicola's job didn't end up being permanent, unfortunately 😕 - she says online she's still looking, but has a blog and is doing freelance work.
I thought they were both inspirational. I'm job hunting too and it has stopped me feeling sorry for myself, nothing can be as hard as it was for them.

purpleme12 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:01:38

Oh no what a shame. :-(

Aeroflotgirl Tue 05-Dec-17 17:59:32

Oh no, bless her, she was so good, and that sight impaired man (can't remember his name). Think Age UK should have offered him a job, he was really good.

leccybill Mon 11-Dec-17 10:24:25

Just watching this. Nicola is absolutely lovely, I'd love to know her in real life, what a nice girl.
I thought the Bradford based company who gave her the job were superb too, their adjustments were respectful and it all felt genuine and not patronising.

SkeletalFishtail Mon 11-Dec-17 21:46:20

Anyone watching this tonight? Gosh they are all so fantastic. I'd happily hire these two!

SkeletalFishtail Mon 11-Dec-17 22:04:58

Gosh it was such an eye opener- it just shows what untapped talent there is out there!

MaitreKarlsson Tue 12-Dec-17 16:31:29

Hi Skeletal, was out last night but will catch up later. Great isn't it..

JustDanceAddict Tue 12-Dec-17 17:51:24

I loved Nicola too. Shame her job wasn’t permanent. She could do freelance though & make a go of it.,

SkeletalFishtail Tue 12-Dec-17 23:53:02

Yeah it's a show that has really changed my perspective. I see disabled people on my commute but never really thought about what they must have to overcome on a daily basis to get in and out of the city, if they have an opportunity for a job etc.and then of course all the people with hidden disabilities that I have learned about on MN.

I love the group of people on the show- great to see them get so much out of the support and camaraderie.

purpleme12 Wed 13-Dec-17 00:32:44

Yes I agree.

I also really felt for the guy in a wheelchair this week not so much for his disability but just for the way they were examining him to see if he's good enough which is what getting a job is all about really but it's just so horrible putting yourself out there for judgement. But maybe that's just my feelings.

If I'd been looking for jobs as long as these guys I'd be depressed by now. They're quite determined. And yes it has made me think about things I wouldn't necessarily have thought of before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now