Talk

Advanced search

Mindhunter - Netflix

(11 Posts)
HidingBehindTheWallpaper Sat 02-Dec-17 21:16:17

Anyone else watched it?

FretYeNot Sat 02-Dec-17 21:18:25

It's really good. And one serial killer's depiction? They nailed it. Utterly chilling.

1sttimeunicorn Sat 02-Dec-17 21:19:33

Fantastic series!! Love it. ‘The sinner’ is also brilliant have you watched that?

JesusTapdancingChrist Sat 02-Dec-17 21:20:27

Yes, watched it all in a couple of days.

It's fantastic and even moreso if you're already interested in true crime/FBI stuff. Great performances all round.

Produced by David Fincher and he directed episodes 1,2, 9 and 20 and it's every bit as visually interesting and stylish as you'd expect from him.

Highly recommend.

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Sat 02-Dec-17 21:21:06

I’ve not watched The Sinner. I’ll have a look at that too.

I loved the way Holden changed. He became a bit of a dick by the end.

Waddlelikeapenguin Sat 02-Dec-17 21:21:57

Yes thought it was brilliant.

JesusTapdancingChrist Sat 02-Dec-17 21:22:30

The Sinner was laughably bad imo. Like, really really terrible.

Loved Holden's progression from almost Mormon level clean cut and idealistic to someone so much more conflicted and dark. Props to Jonathan Groff.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Sat 02-Dec-17 22:25:57

It was really good! Yes, the way Holden changed - it reminded me a bit if the deterioration of Walter in Breaking Bad.

TheStifmeister Sun 03-Dec-17 11:46:13

I watched the first episode but found it boring, I must be in the minority confused

Roomba Sun 03-Dec-17 23:53:40

I have been telling everyone to watch Mindhunter, I thought it was amazing. I was off work poorly and put the first episode on while I had breakfast on the day it first appeared. Before I knew it it was pitch black outside and I'd been hooked on it all day grin.

The first episode was very, very slow. But after the first couple of episodes it picks up a lot and really develops. The guy who played Ed Kemper was incredible - absolutely spot on. So articulate and amiable, as he describes his crimes as if discussing the weather. And also terrifying at points!

badbadhusky Sun 03-Dec-17 23:57:32

I thought Mindhunter was really good.

Godless would scratch the same quality itch if you are at a loose end now you’ve finished Mindhunter. (Sinner was addictive like Pringles but ultimately we felt a bit debased and sheepish for enjoying it so much.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now