Talk

Advanced search

Corrie Thread - I've seen lace with fewer holes than the current plots - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

(1000 Posts)
AnneEyhtMeyer Sat 25-Nov-17 15:43:02

Surely Phelan will have to get his comeuppance by Christmas?

Mind you, I hope Anna gets sent to prison too.

ellenanora5 Sat 25-Nov-17 16:12:05

Checking in thanks Anne smile

Yes I would like to see the back of Anna too.

thenightsky Sat 25-Nov-17 16:21:49

6 months ago I thought it couldn't get any worse, but it has. sad

Clawdy Sat 25-Nov-17 17:08:56

Yes, I keep thinking it can only get better, then it jumps the shark again.

UrsulaPandress Sat 25-Nov-17 17:11:44

He was filmed in scenes local to me a couple of weeks ago and I think it was his comeuppance they were filmeing. So probably shown around Christmas.

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Sat 25-Nov-17 17:15:38

Checking in.

I would love corrie to do just one episode where it was true to life and what people’s Responses to things would be if it was RL.

Like in the GP surgery.

Jude: “err, sorry, this is a private conversation”
Sally: “oh I’m so sorry” <backs of red faced and never speaks to Jude again> grin

EdithWeston Sat 25-Nov-17 17:21:41

For those who might be interested, the Classic Corrie thread is here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/telly_addicts/a3063708-classic-corrie?msgid=73577144#73577144

It's on ITV3 at 14:40 weekdays (two episodes daily) repeated the following morning at 06:00. It's not on the ITV hub

Wormulonian Sat 25-Nov-17 20:39:28

Exactly! Battered grin

AnneEyhtMeyer Sat 25-Nov-17 21:14:17

Real life Corrie:

No one shops at the corner shop
The factory never reopens and becomes student accommodation flats
The bistro closes down
Everyone goes off to work all day
The car is jammed with parked cars
No one knows their neighbours
The pub is closed
The health centre has no appointments for the next 5 weeks

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Sat 25-Nov-17 21:32:47

grin good point!

AnneEyhtMeyer Sat 25-Nov-17 21:59:03

That was meant to be "The road is jammed with parked cars"

Can I also add:

The cobbles would have been tarmaced over years ago

southeastdweller Sat 25-Nov-17 22:24:46

Marking my place on the new thread. I stopped watching months ago after being a loyal viewer for 30+ years but still like to have a general awareness of what's going on, plus the posts on here are more entertaining and interesting than the actual show!

Smeaton Sat 25-Nov-17 23:33:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lizzieoak Sun 26-Nov-17 04:36:56

I’m watching an old episode of Heartbeat and Michelle’s stalker is in it and he’s both unsettling and flat in that too.

Userrrrr Sun 26-Nov-17 12:17:37

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 26-Nov-17 12:20:22

Stoppe watching few weeks ago but caught part at a friends house- Tracey helping Chesnet has potential to be almost interesting so no doubt that will be ruined immediately- hope Kate Oates goes in new year they cut the episodes back down and get back to basics please!

dolfinne Sun 26-Nov-17 12:33:03

lizzieoak he wasnt the best in waterloo road either, plus the women who his character had an affair with in the show was actually his wife in real life

lizzieoak Sun 26-Nov-17 14:23:56

Interesting dolfinne. In Heartbeat his character was meant to be the handsome new dr, nice guy, perfectly normal - but he came across as very creepy. His vibe is very off. I’m not sure if it’s because he’s got a flat affect (not what you want in an actor) or if it’s because of his slightly high pitched, dry voice.

randomer Sun 26-Nov-17 14:43:28

Can't stand all that twaddle about Mary. Is the daughter in law supposed to be African?

randomer Sun 26-Nov-17 14:43:55

Also izzy is bloody awful.

Grunkalunka Sun 26-Nov-17 16:20:49

Angie (Mary's DIL) met Jude at uni in the UK then they emigrated to SA (iirc). Why she hasn't upped sticks and gone to stay with her folks is beyond me.

Are we to assume they have packed their jobs in SA in? and left all their worldly belongings behind - they only came for a visit to attend Mary's "wedding" but Jude decided to stay on without discussing it first with Angie!

No wonder she is depressed (no need for it to be PND) just by that. Added to which Jude's long lost mother totally over steps boundaries and phoned the police and told them Angie was a drunk driver. She's living out of a suitcase in a dreary street, in Norris's dated back bedroom and jostling with Sean for the loo. She is an accountant and Jude, a marine Biologist in a uni. Another educated pair who the Street has brought low. Jude is over invested in his pursuit of his birth mother.

Can you imagine the responses if Angie posted in Relationships on MN? Did Mary and Norris not when the round the world trip then?

Smeaton Sun 26-Nov-17 16:43:52

thenightsky Sun 26-Nov-17 16:45:10

I think Mary's DiL is meant to be South African, yes. She's picked up a Manchester accent fast though. Bit like Bethany who was brought up in Milan.

Jude gets on my nerves. He's so bloody wet.

thenightsky Sun 26-Nov-17 16:48:45

Oops just seen PP re Mary's daughter in law being british. Another snippet that's passed me by. (cannot even remember the daughter in law's name).

yawning801 Sun 26-Nov-17 16:52:03

As for Phelan framing Anna and planting the earring... when is CCTV going to come into the equation?

This thread is not accepting new messages.