Talk

Advanced search

We liked The Tunnel/the Bridge

(12 Posts)
SureIusedtobetaller Sun 12-Nov-17 15:16:07

Jordskott, Black Lake,
What else will we like? Running out of Scandi.

Wormulonian Sun 12-Nov-17 15:51:35

Channel 4OD Walter Presents is your friend. We liked Blue Eyes
www.channel4.com/programmes/blue-eyes
Spin: www.channel4.com/programmes/spin
Mammon:http://www.channel4.com/programmes/mammon/episode-guide/series-1

I thought Thicker than Water had potential but DH not keen. He loves No Limit - comic, action sort of James Bond with an annoying teenage daughter and family who don't know he is a spy. Might be worth a look if you want something lighter.

We are going to watch Norskov (also Walter presents)

Xmasbaby11 Sun 12-Nov-17 15:57:17

Just started Norwegian Acquitted! Enjoying so far. Beautiful scenery of fjords.

Ilovetolurk Sun 12-Nov-17 21:21:27

Do you have sky boxsets? The late great michael nyqvist and dominic monaghan in 100 code

PETRONELLAS Mon 13-Nov-17 06:54:01

The Killing
Borgen. Amazing.

SureIusedtobetaller Mon 13-Nov-17 22:41:21

Some things to look into- thank you!

TatterdemalionAspie Mon 13-Nov-17 23:07:32

We've just finished Norskov, which was excellent.
Trapped was very good, too (Icelandic).

Just started watching I Know Who You Are (Spanish), which is quite interesting. We watched series 3 of Shetland, too, which has a somewhat Scandi feel to it with the bleak landscapes and Scandi lilt to the accents!

goose1964 Thu 16-Nov-17 17:55:09

Or there the one set in Aberystwyth, Hinterland. That gives the foreign language ( unless you understand Welsh) subtitles where they speak Welsh . Actually most programmes on BBC4 at 9 pm are of this type, and channel 4 at 9 pm on Friday. Have you watched the outlaws? That was incredibly funny but a bit dark too

ObscuredbyFog Thu 16-Nov-17 18:12:47

I Know Who You Are (Spanish), which is quite interesting
Every episode brings more clues, who is lying, who is telling the truth and how does that impact on both families and each of their relationships with each other. Very cleverly written.

One of my favourites after The Bridge is 'Spiral' in English, Engrenages in French, great female lead Laure with her team of lads who often step outside the letter of the law to get the desired results. Legal and political infighting, interesting to see their methods are sometimes more like The Sweeney and they have no witness protection programme.

More Scandi, have you tried Arne Dahl, their series tends to focus on one member of the team per episode as well as how the team work together. Gruesome crimes but great characters.

RhiannonOHara Thu 16-Nov-17 18:25:07

Witnesses is French, not Scandi, but grim yet stylish crime. There's been one series already but the trailer looks like this one is the same characters but new story. BBC 4 I think?

I second checking out Walter Presents. And Hinterland is excellent.

AnyFucker Thu 16-Nov-17 18:27:47

Any of these on Netflix ?

GinwithCucumber Thu 16-Nov-17 18:30:48

Okkupert in Norwegian was very good.

What's the spanish one called in Spanish? Is it on netflix? i also want to watch the spanish prison one vis a vis.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: