AdalindSchade Sat 11-Nov-17 18:47:12

Anyone watched yet?
I'm really enjoying it

howrudeforme Sat 11-Nov-17 18:50:52

What channel?

AdalindSchade Sat 11-Nov-17 18:51:44

It's on Netflix

PerfectlyDone Sat 11-Nov-17 18:52:53

I'm not sure I can bear to watch it - I've just read the book and it's just too... possible, I suppose.

Duckstar Sat 11-Nov-17 18:54:03

I am up to episode 4. Brilliant. Another Margaret Atwood classic!

AdalindSchade Sat 11-Nov-17 18:56:23

I really struggled with the scenes with Mary Whitney.

DeadDeadDeadRose Sat 11-Nov-17 20:37:38

Perfectly, what's too possible? It's not really prescient like The Handmaid's Tale. I mean, it's a while since I read it but are you worried you're going to kill your boss and his mistress?

DeepAutumn Sat 11-Nov-17 20:46:00

oh wow, I must look for this on popcorn. I watched The HM's tale on popcorn.

PerfectlyDone Sun 12-Nov-17 10:00:30

are you worried you're going to kill your boss and his mistress?

Not particularly grin

I found Grace's whole story heartbreaking: from her childhood, to the voyage on the ship, her relationship with her family, then Mary Witney, her powerlessness while being so resourceful, trapped in her social 'station' in life.

I am sure there were/are many Grace's even now world-wide.

Groovee Mon 13-Nov-17 12:03:13

I’ve started watching today x

PuddleglumtheMarshWiggle Tue 14-Nov-17 20:31:58

Watched the first 4 episodes so far and am loving it. Quite true to the book but not going into much detail about Dr Jordan. He was quite a sleazy character.
Finding it interesting as it is all based on true events, it was never determined who did commit the murders.

WhoWants2Know Mon 20-Nov-17 22:50:12

I didn’t really take in how sleazy he was until the last episode. If I watched it again, I’d probably pick up on a lot more details that give it away.

GinwithCucumber Tue 21-Nov-17 20:26:36

Ioved it. I understood that mary whitney was 'inhabiting' her at times... not sure if mary in grace collaborated with mcdermott to kill nancy and the master.

Flomper Fri 24-Nov-17 11:51:06

so are we meant to believe that Grace had split personality / DID due to all the trauma she had suffered up to the age of 16 and that her 'Mary" persona comitted the murders out of revenge? (the master raped her?)

AdalindSchade Fri 24-Nov-17 13:12:59

That's one hypothesis...

Ttbb Fri 24-Nov-17 13:14:50

I was really impressed by the quality of the acting. It did start off quite slowly but very quickly got very good. It's the quality of the dialogue that has been preserved from the book that sets it apart. It's lyrical but my contrived.

GinwithCucumber Fri 24-Nov-17 18:06:57

Finished The Sinner - very good, recommend it. I clicked on ''more like this'' and now I'm watching something set in London but with actors of different nationalities. with bad American accents, I suspect Grace is from Northern Ireland not America

GinwithCucumber Fri 24-Nov-17 18:08:15

It's called Guilt

Mince314 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:39:26

Guilt has a few parallels with amanda knox, meredith kercher. Foreign students sharing a flat. Beautiful suspect with an Ital- no let's make him French boyfriend.

Bettydownthehall Mon 04-Dec-17 22:08:06

Dr Jordon objectified women and was disgusted by them throughout load of the book but that didn't appear in the series.

I was frustrated with the book but now i know the ending I can see that there are lots of possibilities. I think maybe jeromire had something to do with it. Maybe he told her to do the spilt personality thingy to up her chances of getting off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now