Talk

Advanced search

Doc Martin

(19 Posts)
GypsieQueen Wed 08-Nov-17 22:25:01

I've never had any inclination to watch Doc Martin until last week. There was nothing interesting on TV and I was bored, so I decided to watch it. I really surprised myself to find that I absolutely love it! it's a real feel-good programme. I think Martin Clunes is great in it and I love that Sigourney Weaver is in it. Does anyone else love it?

WeAllHaveWings Wed 08-Nov-17 22:35:11

We love Doc Martin here, one of the few things dh, ds and I watch together. Well worth watching from the beginning if you can get it somewhere.

ladybird69 Thu 09-Nov-17 01:34:04

Love love love Doc Martin. One of the only programmes that I can LOL to. It’s brilliant, totally harmless but funny. Can’t wait till next series now.

GypsieQueen Thu 09-Nov-17 21:05:18

It really is good, isn't it? I'm a bit gutted I haven't watched it until now. It's a real feel good programme that has a certain innocence reminiscent of times gone by. I've ordered myself a second hand box set of series one, for £1.99 from Amazon and will work my way through each series. I finish my temporary job at the end of November and on cold December days, will be snuggling on the sofa with my daughter to watch it (she's only 2 and a half, but I'm sure she will love it!)

bufin Sat 11-Nov-17 22:18:40

We had to cancel our west country holiday this year due to ill health.

Doc Martin is our little holiday fix, it was a lovely hot day when we last visited Port Isaac Portwenn, we saw Al in the local farmshop. We snuggle up and watch it when the weather's bad, the doc is better tempered in this series, which is nice.

StarsAndMoonsBlanket Sun 12-Nov-17 20:39:25

If any of you have Sky box sets the complete box set of the first 7 series is on there.

Clawdy Sun 12-Nov-17 21:00:09

Love it. Have booked a week in Port Isaac next September! Nearly everywhere in the village was fully booked, the Doc Martin effect.

CatAfterCat Mon 13-Nov-17 15:25:12

It's my go to comfort viewing.

cushioncovers Tue 14-Nov-17 19:05:44

Me too along with the Durrells

BubblesBuddy Tue 14-Nov-17 19:19:49

My house booking for 2018 hasn’t opened yet!!! No-one with our agent has opened bookings yet. There will be loads of availability if you go to the biggest agent in the village!

Clawdy Tue 14-Nov-17 21:22:04

Really, Bubbles? Everywhere said unavailable so we assumed it was nearly all booked. Manages to find one on airbnb eventually. And the Old School House Hotel seemed fully booked?

CatAfterCat Wed 15-Nov-17 15:58:05

Oh yes cushion the Durrells is even better!

Goatgirly Wed 15-Nov-17 16:15:48

I love it, but watch it wondering why on earth he and Luisa are still together, and how on earth a baby was ever conceived!
She seems to hate him.

Wormulonian Wed 15-Nov-17 16:52:54

I don't like how all the local people are made out to be idiots and curmudgeons but that aside it is easy viewing.

Clawdy Wed 15-Nov-17 22:01:51

Louisa knows exactly what he is like,and why. She certainly doesn't hate him, it's a sort of exasperated love. She knows he can't really change, and their relationship has had incredible ups and downs, but they are somehow right for each other.

user1471134011 Wed 15-Nov-17 23:04:08

Edith (? Lady doc) was his perfect match.

cushioncovers Thu 16-Nov-17 08:17:29

I don’t think Louisa hates him I think she loves him despite his quirks.

diddl Fri 17-Nov-17 22:09:00

I've just started series 1.

Does it get better?

I've laughed a couple of times but I don't like anyone!

The receptionist really pisses me off!

WasDoingFine Sat 02-Dec-17 19:00:58

I find Louisa really annoying and causes more issues than Martin ever does

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: