loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pride of Britain Awards

(10 Posts)
SoleBizzz Tue 07-Nov-17 20:44:52

Anybody watching?

Stormzy Wed 08-Nov-17 08:48:23

I did. I don't know what it is about the Pride of Britain awards, but it makes me cry hysterically pretty much throughout, every year blush

Stormzy Wed 08-Nov-17 08:49:27

Loved the emphasis on the emergency services this year, but it really brought home what a shitty year it's been. With Grenfell and the terrorist attacks in London and Manchester. sad

MissEliza Wed 08-Nov-17 09:20:13

That young boy who was a massive football fan (Moin?) had an amazing personality. What a charmer!
It was interesting that Keith Palmer’s sisters came to receive the award instead of his wife. It must still be too hard for her.
What a shitty year it’s been but it has brought out the best in people.

dottypotter Wed 08-Nov-17 15:49:32

well done all. Trust Amanda Holden to wear that Dress. What is she thinking not appropriate for an awards night. Just trying to upstage him sad.

Stormzy Wed 08-Nov-17 18:20:55

That young boy who was a massive football fan (Moin?) had an amazing personality. What a charmer!

He was amazing wasn't he!

GypsieQueen Wed 08-Nov-17 22:17:20

I actually thought Amanda Holden looked embarrassing with her tits on display like that. It was so inappropriate and so selfish of her. Just another desperate attempt to get in the press. Awful woman.

Ilovesliz Wed 08-Nov-17 22:20:54

biscuitbiscuit

leccybill Fri 10-Nov-17 20:51:38

Thought the same about Amanda Holden too. Cheapened the whole moment.

In fact, there's no real need for the multiple £k ballgowns and earnest looking D-list celebs at all. It's meant to be able celebrating selfless acts by real people.

SoleBizzz Sat 11-Nov-17 13:59:52

iloveliz confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now