Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I thought I could never fall out of love with Sex & The City....

(17 Posts)
MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 06-Nov-17 01:36:20

But I'm revisiting in my almost mid thirties. Carrie is visiting Miranda and she's desperately trying to feed the baby.

It's so cringey!! And then just as Miranda gets him latched, Carrie leaves!

She's not a very inspiring heroine once you've grown up grin

MrsOverTheRoad Mon 06-Nov-17 04:21:42

Yes I always thought it was shit of Carrie to go just then!

She was like "Miranda...you're a MOM now." and left with a patronising smile!

EachandEveryone Mon 06-Nov-17 04:27:42

Did anyone see that life stories with Kim Cattrall last week? She really doesn’t like SJP does she? I was disappointed when I realised there was no love lost between any of them so they were good actors. Loved the show but was never a fan of Carrie.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 06-Nov-17 09:50:29

When I was younger I loved Carrie! But on a rewatch, she's a bit of a dick really. She turns the conversation back to herself constantly, and the worst is when she gets annoyed with Charlotte for not offering her her the money to buy her apartment... when she's just worked out she spent 40 thousand dollars on shoes!

And she knew Big was going to give her a cheque, why else would she go to his office all woe is me!

acornsandnuts Mon 06-Nov-17 09:56:35

I really never liked it because of Carried character. Self absorbed and vain.

EachandEveryone Mon 06-Nov-17 10:26:47

Yes she was. I did love her clothes though. She can wear anything. I think Miranda was my favourite.

sweetbitter Mon 06-Nov-17 11:36:45

I have always liked SatC in spite of Carrie, who has her witty moments but is generally a rather unsympathetic character as she's so selfish and self pitying. Much prefer the other 3.

Youcanstayundermyumbrella Mon 06-Nov-17 13:16:48

Carrie is a tedious whinger. Big is awful.

MorrisZapp Mon 06-Nov-17 13:18:12

Where can I see Kim Cattralls life story?

Halfdrankbrew Mon 06-Nov-17 13:32:01

Funny you should post this, I was only thinking to myself a day or 2 ago I wonder if I'd enjoy satc as much if I watched it now? I watched it in my early 20s, we loved it at uni when we were all getting with bfs breaking up etc etc. We're all 30 somethings like the characters are in the series, except we are all pretty much married with kids, not out chasing men anymore! I suppose we are more like Miranda now, she was always my favourite anyway. Carrie bugged me when I watched it back then, oh so moany and she was horrible to Aiden who I thought was lovely (over involved in the storyline much grin)

lastnamefirstfirstnamelast Mon 06-Nov-17 13:50:51

No I lost respect for Carrie when she cheated on Aiden with Mr Big when he was married.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 06-Nov-17 14:53:17

Also, her body 'rejecting the idea of marriage', her throwing up when she found the ring and then refusing to marry Aiden just seemed ridiculous on a second watch. She didn't seem to have a reason why!

EachandEveryone Mon 06-Nov-17 15:56:29

Aidan was a control freak

She looks fantastic for 60 www.itv.com/hub/piers-morgans-life-stories/1a7234a0084 he’s an prat but she seems lovely

dingdongdigeridoo Mon 06-Nov-17 16:43:34

I knew I was getting old when I started to relate to Miranda more than Carrie. Carrie is a bloody ridiculous woman.

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 06-Nov-17 16:45:04

Carrie is a horrid whiney brat, a toddler dressed in designer clothing.

KinkyAfro Mon 06-Nov-17 17:17:36

Carrie was a horrible narcissist, everything was about her

SinglePringle Mon 06-Nov-17 17:21:18

Carrie is a self-absorbed, annoying pain in the arse.

Aiden was a deeply irritating twat with control freak tendencies. And a seriously painful voice / way of talking.

Samantha first. Miranda and Charlotte equal second. Carrie no-where.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now