Talk

Advanced search

Secret life of 4 year olds!

(28 Posts)
Getonthearkunicorn Sun 05-Nov-17 09:22:48

Just caught an advert for secret life of 4 year olds! Starts on Tuesday at 4pm.

Watching with interest this year as I have a 4 year old that needs to be tamed

Assuming 5 year olds will be after, but I think I've always found the 4's more entertaining!

Getonthearkunicorn Sun 05-Nov-17 09:24:19

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n50dT6XuNqM

MiaowTheCat Sun 05-Nov-17 17:58:26

Oh God the "I'm a bit of a chatterbox" is DD1!

I've got a four AND five year old - I half watch these grinning that "that's DD1... that's DD2" and half cringe behind the sofa cushions that "that's DD1... that's DD1... that's DD1"

(DD1 usually resembles the incredibly verbally articulate one who never shuts up )

Getonthearkunicorn Sun 05-Nov-17 19:50:18

That made me laugh so much.

I love that they have included a child with Down Syndrome. I really hope they don't make it a main point, and she is filmed as the others are.

Getonthearkunicorn Tue 07-Nov-17 22:55:41

Not sure if anyone else watched! But little Noah broke my heart, he was very sensitive but appears to be from a level headed family.
Victoria, Ada and Tomas were absolutely beautiful to watch.
The little boy Vinny isn't getting the best reception on Twitter - not quite sure why though? I thought he was sweet.

SinisterBumFacedCat Tue 07-Nov-17 23:42:28

I thought Vinny was very funny! Slagging off 4 year olds, twitters a horrendous place.

Timefortea99 Tue 07-Nov-17 23:44:27

Vinny was funny but he is a little bruiser.

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Wed 08-Nov-17 12:08:49

One of those little girls had s back eye and bruised face the one with curly blonde hair did anyone notice?

qazxc Wed 08-Nov-17 13:29:17

I love these programs.
Noah seems to want act tough but is quite sensitive underneath. He did bounce back quickly from the dinosaur upset.
I love Tomas and Ada, he seems really empathetic and understanding (I might have had a tear in my eye at the bunny bit).
I also love Victoria.

MrsJayy Wed 08-Nov-17 13:32:40

I loved it I can't believe grown adults are slagging off a little boy on twitter though wtaf is that about.

qazxc Wed 08-Nov-17 13:32:51

I think Vinny has the best of intentions but they get swept away by his wants and desires. He almost let noah have the trophy, until he went "oh but i want it" and went off with it.

MrsJayy Wed 08-Nov-17 13:38:35

Yes but tbf Vinnies team did win it so his empathy was there but he thought hang on it is mine

MrsJayy Wed 08-Nov-17 13:40:10

I trained in Nursery nursing( a million years ago) and i found it fascinating

Discotits Wed 08-Nov-17 13:58:58

I found that bit with the card and the boy (Harper?) saying it’s ‘for me babe’ really weird. I wouldn’t be impressed if that was being encouraged at my daughter’s nursery. (She’s 4). I’d say I’m easy going, but I don’t like stuff like that, it feels like the ground work in making girls objects that belong to boys. And they’re just too young.

Discotits Wed 08-Nov-17 13:59:16

*my babe

LauraJo19 Wed 08-Nov-17 14:51:52

Hi, That’s my SON 😂😂😂. He’s very clumsy, the day before filming started he was stood on my bed randomly throwing and catching his pjs! (as you do) and he just stepped off bashing his face on the radiator! Lovely trip to A&E!! 😔 xx

DeloresVanTropp Thu 09-Nov-17 21:37:22

Vinnie is the most entertaining, love Ada and Thomas and Victoria is so sweet. Lovely great programme grin

DeloresVanTropp Thu 09-Nov-17 21:38:53

LauraJo19- which of these gorgeous kids is yours?

RoganLogan Fri 10-Nov-17 22:23:56

Noah was tiresome.

minipie Fri 10-Nov-17 22:29:26

LauraJo hello! Your boy is the natural rule follower/enforcer isn't he - wish mine were like that grin

Why did you sign up for the programme out of interest?

SinisterBumFacedCat Sat 11-Nov-17 10:44:20

I thought Vinnie was actually quite mature saying to Noah "you might win a trophy next time." For a four year old. Laura I'll watch out for your little boy next week. grin

qazxc Sat 11-Nov-17 12:05:38

I'm amazed that two of the kids resisted the lure of the chocolate . DD 's hands would've been straight in that bowl.

Clawdy Sat 11-Nov-17 14:39:46

Vinnie had some sweet moments, but I don't think he'd be a popular play date. Had the impression he gets away with murder at home. Noah is adorable but so sensitive.

MrsSiba Sat 11-Nov-17 17:42:43

LauraJo think your boy is Fletcher? ☺

Really enjoyed this. The kids were brave with the dinosaur. ..it was quite scary!

Best moment has to be Tomas convincing Ada to join in petting the rabbits. So sweet.

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Sat 11-Nov-17 17:47:07

I thought vinnie was brilliant! What a little character! I bet his parents are in stitches with him all the time. My DC loved him too. He is a lovable cheeky chappie. I loved them nibbling the strawberries and saying they were just so hungry! grin

Also enjoyed Noah saying the other boy couldn’t use any of his letters to spell his name! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now