Stranger things

(16 Posts)
Ambonsai Sat 04-Nov-17 17:11:44

I'm on ep 3
Is it worth watching
Do things get explained?
It just seems like a pile of nonsense

parrotonmyshoulder Sat 04-Nov-17 17:42:41

If you’re past the titles of ep 1 and you’re not completely hooked, it’s not for you.

StoorieHoose Sat 04-Nov-17 17:48:22

I agree with parrot

AnotherRoadsideAttraction Sat 04-Nov-17 17:51:36

parrot has nailed it

LaurieFairyCake Sat 04-Nov-17 17:51:38

Oh god it’s amazing. I’m on episode 7 of series 2.

I HATE child actors and I love the kids in this show - they’re so funny, quirky and intelligent. They’re such great actors.

BelligerentGardenPixies Sat 04-Nov-17 17:54:42

I really enjoyed it but if you're not hooked by now, it's probably not your kind of thing... and yes things do get explained. whether you like the explanation is another question.

Ambonsai Sat 04-Nov-17 17:57:57

I'm loving it
But it all seems so unbelievable that I just cannot see how it will come together

ijustwannadance Sat 04-Nov-17 18:00:23

I loved series 1. Series 2, not so much.

raffle Sat 04-Nov-17 18:01:31

Just finished series 2. We loved it!

BananasAreGood Sat 04-Nov-17 18:04:36

I liked S2 more. Ep 7 is a bit rubbish though.

ManateeEquineOHara Sat 04-Nov-17 18:04:56

I'm abt to watch S1 e3. I am pretty bad at TV and getting into things to watch but I have liked it for its weirdness! Been a bit freaked out though but I am a wimp.

CurlyhairedAssassin Sat 04-Nov-17 18:06:38

Doesn’t sound like it’s for you, no. I love the kids’ acting, it’s so natural. And the whole retro feel, I LOVE that! Bits of Close Encounters, ET, Stand By Me, the 80s music and fashion and technology.

DS2 is 13 and also loves it.

It’s not actually meant to be believable, you know. grin

It’s fun, is what it is.

LaurieFairyCake Sat 04-Nov-17 18:42:21

Agree that Season 2 is even better.

God I love being back in the 80’s. Me and dh are just talking about the kids going out on adventures - tamer ones than they’re on grin - but still going off for the day to woods or dumps on our bikes, building forts, looking for creatures, scaring each other, hanging out.

Nearly finished episode 7, liked it - liked the other gang stuff.

CaptainHammer Sun 05-Nov-17 14:06:22

Agree Laurie, they are brilliant actors.
I’m on episode 7 of series 1. Not normally a fan of supernatural type things but I’m enjoying it, I think because the child actors are so good!

Ambonsai Sun 05-Nov-17 21:54:45

I know it's not meant to be believable!
I just meant I hoped it wasn't going to be like Lost where nothing was really explained.
And it was so bizarre I couldn't imagine how all the things could be explained.
Ds had a sleepover last night, so I've managed to watch it all!
Loved it. They got the 80's vibe just right

CurlyhairedAssassin Sun 05-Nov-17 22:44:09

OH yes, Lost came to my mind, too. I stopped watching that in the end, the “nothing happening” pissed me off so much that to this day I still don’t know it ends and don’t even care.

I hope this doesn’t happen with this. If people enjoy the retro feel I hope they don’t just string it along for a few series with a few wierd things happening but no conclusions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now