Talk

Advanced search

Eat Well For Less

(5 Posts)
Themoonhatesthestars Wed 01-Nov-17 20:08:23

I didn’t realise a new series of Eat Well For Less had started so I was going download the previous episodes but then thought what’s the point?

I like some of the recipes they have but the main point of the show is the food swaps and they don't actually tell you what brand foods were swapped. For example do the family only buy Cheerios and then happily swap to Aldi’s own but they don’t tell you this only they swapped cereal and saved £1.26 a box. I want to know the details as sometimes it’s more of a waste of money to swap brand if no one eats it.

Anyone else find this frustrating or is there somewhere you can look this up?

Jasminedes Wed 01-Nov-17 20:25:06

I just can't get over how anyone can spend £350 a week on food. You would have to throw two thirds away, wouldn't you?

LockedOutOfMN Wed 01-Nov-17 20:26:24

I'm watching this; I feel as if this lady is being patronised for not knowing how / wanting to cook.

LockedOutOfMN Wed 01-Nov-17 20:27:47

I don't feel a man and his son would be treated the same way.

Also, the lemon and poppy seed muffins were half the size of the muffin the lady bought from the petrol station so no wonder they were half the calories and fat. The petrol station one looked much tastier too - it had chocolate chips!

PantPlot Wed 01-Nov-17 20:29:55

The sexism in this programme usually drives me mad.

Not watching tonight's though, will catch up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: