Talk

Advanced search

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Finale...

(9 Posts)
MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 01-Nov-17 16:57:56

Why doesn't willow do the spell before they go into the hellmouth? Seems a bit risky.

sweetbitter Thu 02-Nov-17 08:34:28

Same reason Buffy is totally overpowered multiple times by that Ubervamp thing mid season 7, then it turns out the secret to killing is...just deciding you REALLY want to kill it, and taking a load of girls along to watch you do so?

MaryPoppinsPenguins Thu 02-Nov-17 17:09:18

And then even Giles and Dawn can kill them at the end... hmm

BalloonDinosaur Thu 02-Nov-17 17:14:17

I LOVED Buffy, and still do. But series 7 is pretty terrible.

purpleme12 Thu 02-Nov-17 23:49:27

I think season 7 was the worst of them all. Still good but not like the rest. It was very dark compared to the others. I mean I know it was the end of the world and all but I preferred the others

justdontevenfuckingstart Thu 02-Nov-17 23:55:02

I recorded this to watch but then couldn't (the whole I love you thing) Buffy was ruined when Dawn turned up.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Fri 03-Nov-17 09:11:39

I think when Buffy becomes all sad and mopey it definitely takes a step down... I like monster of the week buffy!

sweetbitter Fri 03-Nov-17 10:17:57

I think some of the early episodes of season 7 were OK, there were still a few good comedy moments like Principal Wood with the bazuka and Andrew with all his craziness. But I was just sad that all the main characters (Willow, Spike, Buffy, Anya, even Xander) had become shells of their former selves. They were ALL so serious and flat and, well, damaged. Which is interesting when viewed as long term character development, but not really all that entertaining to be honest. Plus I think a lot of the actors were phoning it in by then which didn't help.

MaroonPencil Fri 03-Nov-17 10:22:20

I actually got back in to Buffy because of Dawn just! Had watched the first two series on my mates' TV because I didn't have one, then didn't see another episode until a few eps into season 5, whereupon I thought "hang on what have I missed, who is this girl?" and started watching again, then got drawn in by Spike. Season 5 is still my favourite (I went back and watched the other series afterwards!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now