Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stargate sg1

(24 Posts)
LoveSG1 Mon 30-Oct-17 14:30:23

Season 8, episode 18. Threads...

Sam & Jack couldn’t get it together.... why?

TheSecondOfHerName Tue 31-Oct-17 21:47:54

Bad timing.

LoveSG1 Wed 01-Nov-17 14:31:06

😢 Always seemed to be the case!

ArcheryAnnie Fri 03-Nov-17 11:05:54

Other people here love Stargate!

I am glad they didn't get Sam and Jack together - I adore them both, and a little UST is always nice in a drama, but I didn't want the professional woman in the team to become the team leader's girlfriend, if you see what I mean.

LoveSG1 Fri 03-Nov-17 17:32:51

Yay, fellow stargate fans!

Ah yes, iswym, but......

When O’Neill got promoted to General and left the SGC, I thought that could have been the perfect time for them to get together as they weren’t actually working together.

Plus they obviously love each other very dearly! Who doesn’t want love like that!

ArcheryAnnie Fri 03-Nov-17 17:44:06

There were very strong hints when Sam was commander of the new Daedalus-class ship the George Hammond that she and Jack were having a relationship (references to her "long distance boyfriend" in Washington, etc), which wouldn't by then have been against regulations as they were no longer in the same chain of command.

(Mind you, I'm primarily a Jack/Daniel shipper, but I do adore Sam, and what evidence there is in canon points to an eventual Jack/Sam relationship.)

LoveSG1 Fri 03-Nov-17 17:59:12

Yeah true, would’ve been nice to throw in a few more bones for us, lol.

I do love Daniel & Jack.
I’m glad Michael Shanks pushed so hard for the changes to the character! 😊

ArcheryAnnie Fri 03-Nov-17 18:03:37

Did he?! I didn't know that! He essentially started off channelling James Spader, and then made it entirely his own. (I think "Lifeboat", that one where he's got loads of consciousnesses in his mind, was the turning point.)

dudsville Fri 03-Nov-17 18:08:11

It's been a decade since I watched this ams I don't have a clue about done if the things you've all mentioned here but I loved that show and how the sam and jack thing. That's all I have to say. Can't recall much but oh and I still invoke tealq (sp? ) by saying "indeed oh's whole name".

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 03-Nov-17 18:08:59

I like watching Rodney crushing on SC in SG-Atlantis. She's clearly out of his league, but it's still fun to watch.

ArcheryAnnie Fri 03-Nov-17 18:15:52

dudsville I once met Chris Judge, the actor who plays Teal'c, and he's one of the most attractive men I've ever laid eyes on, which really doesn't come across on-screen! Seriously, he's incredibly hot. (And he's a total sweetheart, too.)

I said this on a fan forum and got replied from a chorus of other women who had also been totally blindsided by Chris Judge's extreme hotness when they'd met him in person, when before they'd never considered him in that light at ALL.

dudsville Fri 03-Nov-17 18:18:31

Ah archery I bet that was amazing!

ArcheryAnnie Fri 03-Nov-17 18:21:28

It was! I mean, he's a perfectly pleasant-looking bloke on the screen, but I'd never previously thought PHWOAR, and that's practically all you can think of, frankly, when he's there!

It was at a con, and he was as lovely to everyone at the end after working and signing and whatever for HOURS as he was at the beginning. Seriously nice man (as well as seriously hot).

MyUsernameIsOriginal Fri 03-Nov-17 18:53:41

I love SG1. I even love series 9 and 10 although I consider it more like a spin off ala Atlantis rather than SG1. I also love Atlantis and Universe. I was gutted when universe was cancelled and I've never watched the last episode of it because I friend warned me that it was an even more frustrating cliffhanger than the second to last episode so it doesn't exist in our house...

thegreylady Fri 03-Nov-17 22:33:30

We love Stargate and ,”Indeed Daniel Jackson” is our family code for, “I agree with you.”
Teal’c is My favourite tv character ever ❤️

LoveSG1 Fri 03-Nov-17 22:38:49

Wasn’t so keen on Universe but did watch it all! Lol. Yes it was a very frustrating cliffhanger but also quite appropriate.

Michael Shanks is my all time mega celeb crush 😍

Yeah Michael left because he was unhappy with how his character was progressing and the fans loved him so much that they eventually agreed...
I always think of him as 2 versions of Daniel... the bumbling awkward oblivious allergic scrawny geek from pre-ascension and the worldly quick witted sharp sexy fitty after ascension.

ArcheryAnnie Fri 03-Nov-17 22:59:39

I love a show where you can't quite remember how many times the main characters have died, and where the wiki pages have appencices with all the alternate timelines!

YouBetterWORK Sat 04-Nov-17 00:08:00

Yay Stargate! I've just finished rewatching all of SG1 and Atlantis. I said to DH I've binge watched so much Stargate our unborn DD will surely recognise the theme tunes once she's here. I like sci-fi anyway but it was DH who got me into Stargate.

We never seemed to get on with Universe though; after the previous series which are all kind of plucky and gung-ho adventure time, Universe just seemed bleak and dreary with lots of scheming, in-fighting and moping around and well, depressing. Couldn't see Universe doing a Wormhole X-treme episode! We got some episodes in (up to when army guy stitched up Robert Carlyle) just went meh and didn't bother.

Quite interested in what Origins is looking like though smile

LoveSG1 Sat 04-Nov-17 07:28:28

I have found my people! 😁

When does Origins start? Is it online only? Where can I watch it? 😂
I hope they’ve got some amazing writers who don’t miss any details! Lol.

TheSecondOfHerName Sat 04-Nov-17 22:50:02

I wanted to like Universe but I couldn't bring myself to care about the characters.

It felt like they were trying to copy the Star Trek franchise, where Atlantis is the equivalent of DS9 and Universe is the equivalent of Voyager, but Universe was too dark.

ArcheryAnnie Sat 04-Nov-17 23:18:44

I wanted to like Universe, but it was one of those shows where if you missed an episode, everything ceased to make sense, and so you gave up. I will watch it at some point if it comes on Netflix. Also agree that they were going for "dark and edgy" which wasn't what I was looking for. I did like Eli, though!

doleritedinosaur Sat 04-Nov-17 23:42:33

Ohhh I love Stargate! DS1's name is from the show.

I also agree about Christopher Judge, beautiful & bloody lovely.

Amanda Tapping is just full of energy & the biggest geek ever.

They made hints in later shows that Sam & Jack were together which I liked, such as Sam's password being fishing.

I'm getting ready to rewatch then finally finish Atlantis.

NamasteNiki Sun 05-Nov-17 21:39:43

I loved SG1 but Universe was a bit too dark. I did like the solar powered ship though.

Re Carter and O'Neill I thought the same of Captain Picard and Dr Crusher in Star Trek: TNG. Just get it on already!

LoveSG1 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:30:06

The good thing about SG-1 & Atlantis was the close family like relationship between characters... that’s where they went wrong with Universe.
But agree Robert Carlyle is awesome!

And here - couldn’t they have picked actors who didn’t look like brothers 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now