Talk

Advanced search

The End of the Fucking World.

(12 Posts)
thenightsky Sun 29-Oct-17 22:33:14

Just watched the first two episodes.

Where is this set?

I'm enjoying so far and it really reminds me of Fargo. A British version of Fargo.

Jellyheadbang Mon 06-Nov-17 19:41:07

I'm loving this series, not seen it anywhere and none of my friends seem to have heard of it, wonder if it's an all4 exusive?

Toooldtobearsed Mon 06-Nov-17 19:43:18

I binge watched it - bloody brilliant!

The episodes are short, so easy to get through and the mix of humour and sadness is great. The actors are super too.

Really good and something different.

Jellyheadbang Tue 07-Nov-17 00:45:07

Watched all of it tonight! Are there anymore episodes or is that it now?

itstheyearzero Tue 07-Nov-17 07:55:03

Loved it. I thought the 2 young actors were incredible. Sad ending though sad

Pigeonpost Tue 07-Nov-17 13:25:17

I’ve just binge watched it (I’m ill on the sofa). Was great. Sort of Thelma & Louise esque. Really hard to place where it was set and when as looked like the US but clearly the UK but looked vintage (cars, houses etc) other than the smartphones! Thought the two cops were great too. Definitely like a British Fargo I thought.

Absofruitly Tue 07-Nov-17 13:29:40

I loved this and binged it over a couple of evenings last week. I read a piece on it (sorry, can't remember where) that said the makers wanted it to have a US look, despite being set in England, so deliberately only filmed in places that had that American vibe - cafes that were more like diners, a pub that was more like a roadhouse etc. If you like the young male lead, Alex Lawther, he was excellent in the recent episode of Black Mirror (on Netflix) with Jerome Flynn, where he played a lad being blackmailed via text message. He was also amazing as the young Alan Turing in the Imitation Game.

gentlydoesit89 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:30:57

Watched it at the weekend and thought it was great. Going to try and pick up the graphic novel at some point to see how they compare.

NotJustThreeSmallWords Tue 07-Nov-17 13:33:55

I've never heard of this! Where can I watch it?

TheDrsDocMartens Tue 07-Nov-17 13:34:35

Ooh sounds good

Absofruitly Tue 07-Nov-17 13:35:25

It's a Channel 4 show so the whole thing is available on All 4.

Absofruitly Tue 07-Nov-17 13:37:23

www.channel4.com/programmes/the-end-of-the-ing-world

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now