Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feral Families....anyone watching?

(97 Posts)
DeloresJaneUmbridge Thu 26-Oct-17 21:08:03

DH is sat and muttering at the screen grin

Me...I am “live and let live” in attitude.

Would like them to revisit these kids as adults and see if they thought their upbringing was good.

EB123 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:09:08

I am watching it. I home educate my children, wouldn't describe us as feral though!

Tinycitrus Thu 26-Oct-17 21:10:21

They all seem very nice

DeloresJaneUmbridge Thu 26-Oct-17 21:10:49

Yeah I think this is more than simply home education. I’ve toyed with that and I can see why parents make that decision.

It’s the “no rules” thing that’s got hubby muttering...he is turning into a right reactionary old bugger with age though grin

woodhill Thu 26-Oct-17 21:10:50

The mess would do my head in

Surprised the hairdresser has any customers, not a relaxing experience

ASDsos Thu 26-Oct-17 21:11:26

Watching with interest but did squeak at the opening with the baby and the knife.

DeloresJaneUmbridge Thu 26-Oct-17 21:11:53

Looks a lovely childhood....all that freedom to learn naturally and in their own time.

DeloresJaneUmbridge Thu 26-Oct-17 21:13:01

I must not let the teenager see the “ice cream at 10.40pm”....he might get ideas.

Tinycitrus Thu 26-Oct-17 21:14:15

I kind of get it but I would be so worried for them about the future.

Slartybartfast Thu 26-Oct-17 21:15:11

All that ice cream and bed time when you want is just idiotic

Tinycitrus Thu 26-Oct-17 21:17:44

I couldn’t bear them being up all evening.

elevenswan Thu 26-Oct-17 21:19:03

Letting a small child have a nose piercing and letting them eat whatever they want whenever they want is absolutely ridiculous.

Ylvamoon Thu 26-Oct-17 21:19:13

Looks like my family on holiday!! I think it's great but feel that in today's society it will put the children at a disadvantage!
"... If I need to write something I just speak into my phone." Say that to your employer. hmm

CurlsandCurves Thu 26-Oct-17 21:19:16

Interested in what the parents of the lad what says he wants to go to school will say.

If anything he’s doing exactly what they set out to do, he’s making his own decisions.

Fekko Thu 26-Oct-17 21:22:08

Didn't Gina thingymabob (can't remember her name - baby wrangler) have a no rules childhood? Explains a bit.

DeloresJaneUmbridge Thu 26-Oct-17 21:23:15

Yes it’s the future that will be interesting.

They may simply find their own way and start to see why some rules and boundaries are important.

It’s not simply about home education as I this is far more than that,

The home education looks fab actually, learning about the world around them in a less formal way.

My friend home educates her autistic son and he thrives away from school.

He doesn’t have the “no boundaries” thing as well though.

purpleme12 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:24:23

I didn't like the bit where the kid didn't put much importance by learning to write. How's he going to get on in life if her doesn't learn to write?!

PinotAndPlaydough Thu 26-Oct-17 21:24:50

Part of me loves this idea, I think children start formal education far to early in this country and kids don't get enough time to just be kids.

However I do think that there are some skills children really do need in life, reading and writing be one of them and also the fact that as an adult there are responsibilities and you can't live your life with no rules. I do wonder what Archie will do when he is older and if the choices his mum has made for him are going to make his life harder.

bostonkremekrazy Thu 26-Oct-17 21:24:58

would hate to be the next door neighbours! imagine the noise!

and sad for Archie...cannot read or write sad

Tinycitrus Thu 26-Oct-17 21:25:16

Tbh I think humans need work and structure whether that’s housework and caring or work outside the home or a mixture. I think that provides a healthy life.

But I do like the time the children have to experiment, to play.

Slartybartfast Thu 26-Oct-17 21:25:43

You would hate to be their neighbours

BrownJenkins Thu 26-Oct-17 21:26:50

Sorry but it's all about what the parents want. Not really thinking about the children and their futures.

nancy75 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:27:33

I’ve just switched on, is this about what Mum thinks is best for the kids or Mum just not wanting to let them go?

theredjellybean Thu 26-Oct-17 21:29:32

How exactly are these children going to fit into society as adults?
Lovely idea of a completely free childhood but when these kids are adults and have to work, conform and take some responsibility they may struggle

nancy75 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:30:48

Who decides what an adequate education is?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now