Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Being in a studio audience

(9 Posts)
FizzyBanger Thu 26-Oct-17 10:11:26

I've got free tickets for a TV show next year but it's made clear when you book that they give away too many, in order to cover for no-shows. People are let in on a first come, first served basis. Has anyone ever been to anything like this? Do you know how far in advance of the door time you have to arrive to be in with a chance of getting in? Or how many tickets they oversell by? Thanks in advance for any info.

Caulk Thu 26-Oct-17 10:50:27

I’ve done this a lot. It really depends on the production company. Some you queue from a few hours before it starts, get your ticket stamped and then go off and come back when the filming starts. Others offer you guaranteed entry until a certain time. Just arrive about 10 minutes before that time and just join the queue.

Caulk Thu 26-Oct-17 10:51:02

If it’s at Broadcasting House then you need to arrive early.

Ontheboardwalk Thu 26-Oct-17 11:05:32

Depends on how many in the audience.

I've recently been to watch Question of Sport which holds around 150 people. We were told to get there an hour before filming however we saw people queuing an hour and a half before so we joined the queue and got in no problem.

The queue ended up being huge. A guy went down the queue giving numbered stickers to confirm your entry. Everyone seemed to get in though.

Ontheboardwalk Thu 26-Oct-17 11:08:51

Meant to add got tickets for Judge Rinderbwhich is a much smaller audience.

If I don't get in for the show I'm booked on I get guaranteed priority for another recording of my choice.

FizzyBanger Thu 26-Oct-17 11:13:34

Thanks for your posts - really helpful. It's for Not Going Out, which is filmed at Pinewood. There's a door time but no indication of how far in advance of that you'd need to arrive in order to get in. Numbered/stamped tickets sound like a good idea, so you don't have to hang around! grin

PoppyPopcorn Thu 26-Oct-17 11:15:26

Yes we went to see shows filmed for CBBC at the studios in Glasgow. As you arrive you hand over your email and you're given a number. Once all the numbers are gone and the studio is at capacity, they won't let anyone else join the queue.

Usually the email will say something like "filming starts at 2pm, audience seated by 1.30pm and doors open at 12.30pm". So you get there at 12.30. Haven't ever seen people not getting in. One thing to remember is that you can't choose your seats and may be put right at the back or right at the front. The floor manager does sometimes move people around as needed.

CountingToThree Thu 26-Oct-17 11:24:12

We've been to filming at pinewood. probably best to check with the production company to get an idea but definitely at least a couple of hours before filming starts. when we went there was a marquee with a bar to wait in once you'd got your numbered entry ticket.

we didn't get into one showing as we didn't get there early enough, but because we missed out they gave us guaranteed entry to another show of our choice another time (we went for dancing on ice!)

Ontheboardwalk Thu 26-Oct-17 12:32:50

Wear plain clothing with no patterns or stripes and you might get a good seat.

We were put behind the panel for QoS which was great on the condition I kept my coat on and fastened up because I was wearing a patterned top. Was a bit warm but worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now