Talk

Advanced search

Question re SCD & the pre show promotional clips/ads

(10 Posts)
DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Tue 24-Oct-17 18:16:08

How do they get them?! The show is supposedly live, yes? So how are we seeing the Halloween sets and dances on adverts before then? If they are recording dress rehearsals, what about the judge’s comments they show?

For example, this week there are clips of Darcy in a white bobbed wig passing comment on a dance. How are they getting that clip before the show has happened? Do the judges also have a dress rehearsal & pass comment on the dances pre Saturday show? Is it just all scripted , if it was that would at least explain some of the random comments that don’t seem to relate to the dance in front of them hmm

Scrumptiousbears Tue 24-Oct-17 18:32:15

The show is recorded on Friday. It is not live.

Scrumptiousbears Tue 24-Oct-17 18:33:48

Sorry I didn’t finish. The judges are there and all of them dance in front of the judges.

dottyblanket Tue 24-Oct-17 18:39:37

Are they not clips from previous years shows??

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Tue 24-Oct-17 18:55:56

ARe they clips from previous years?

scrumptious, I wish they’d stop with all the ‘live’ schtick then angry

AmIthatbloodycold Tue 24-Oct-17 19:38:00

Since when was the show recorded on a Friday?

It's filmed on a Saturday. And I thought the clips were from previous shows

AlexanderHamilton Tue 24-Oct-17 19:44:12

The show isn't recorded on Fridays because last year Darcey was at my dd's school giving masterclasses until 4pm on the Friday afternoon before heading off to Blackpool.

This year Craig has been performing in Annie but the understudy does the Saturdays.

AlexanderHamilton Tue 24-Oct-17 19:44:56

The Sunday show is recorded on the Saturday though, once voting has closed.

Fallulah Tue 24-Oct-17 19:48:35

The Halloween clips they're using at the moment are from a previous year - that guy Jay who did well is in them. I was confused too til I watched it more closely.

The show is broadcast live on Saturday, then they record the results show Saturday night to be shown 'as live' on Sunday.

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Tue 24-Oct-17 19:54:32

AHHhhh, Thanks fallulah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now