Talk

Advanced search

The Good Place on Netflix

(30 Posts)
Minidoghugs Sat 21-Oct-17 16:02:01

I'm really enjoying this, it's very funny and clever. Some great acting esp from Kirsten Bell and Ted Danson.
Anyone else watching?

LittleLights Sat 21-Oct-17 16:03:54

Season 2 has bored me so I have stopped watching it.

Wingbing Sat 21-Oct-17 16:21:14

Yes I am. Just watched the lot. Season 2 has a Rick & Morty feel about it

I like it too minidog

RavingRoo Sat 21-Oct-17 16:21:34

Hate it

reup Sat 21-Oct-17 16:24:15

I’m really enjoying it. I kept freeze framing the graphic section - where they give out the +ve and -ve points for getting into heaven. I liked that men lost points for telling women to smile and you lost points for reheating fish in office microwave.

Minidoghugs Sat 21-Oct-17 21:25:17

Oh yes my dd likes it that you got + points for eating a sandwich lol. I love Ted Danson in this he seems so genuine and likable but there's that other side to him.

bettys Sat 21-Oct-17 21:37:00

I've just discovered this and am really enjoying it! The second series has been a bit patchy but this week's episode was much better.

LindyHemming Sun 22-Oct-17 22:34:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Oswin Sun 22-Oct-17 22:38:34

I am really enjoying this show. It's very different. I wish Netflix put it all on at once though.

dingdongdigeridoo Mon 23-Oct-17 20:39:33

I like it! There’s a big twist at the end of season one, and I think without it the show would have got boring. Season two has been better so far.

Kristen Bell has awesome manic energy and my favourite parts are flashbacks to her life.

RaininSummer Mon 23-Oct-17 20:49:41

I wanted to like it and watched two episodes but it was just so manic and after the initial premise, didn't make me laugh. Sad.

CourtneyLoveIsMySpiritAnimal Mon 23-Oct-17 21:40:10

I’m loving it. Jameela Jamil is a revelation in it. She’s bloody brilliant!

Do have doubts about how far it can go though. I’m not sure where the joke will stretch for another series tbh.

LewisFan Mon 23-Oct-17 21:56:47

Just found this on NF and am just starting Season 2

I love the non-sweary swearing 😂

headintheproverbial Mon 23-Oct-17 22:17:01

I'm enjoying it. Laugh out loud funny in parts.

jay55 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:17:56

I was a bit down on season 2 until this week. I loved the trolley dilemma brought to life.

puttingthegenieback Mon 23-Oct-17 22:25:18

My teenage daughters told me I should watch it, and I love it. Ted Danson is hilarious. All the actors look as if they are enjoying themselves thoroughly. They've really found their rhythm individually and as an ensemble in Season 2.

Foreverretro Sun 29-Oct-17 10:12:35

Love it! The first season took maybe 3-4 episodes to convince me but now I look forward to every episode massively - really interested to see how they progress it! grin

EllaHen Sun 29-Oct-17 10:17:06

Some of the one liners have been hilarious. Properly, cleverly funny.

Bell and Danson are amazing comedy actors. In fact, the whole cast are convincing.

Would love to blitz season 2 the way I did with season 1.

Andylion Sun 29-Oct-17 15:18:30

Foreverretro, I stopped watching last year, midway through the second episode. It was a post on this board, (Jane the Virgin/Crazy Ex GF, I think), that made me give it another chance. I have caught up and now look forward to Thursday’s.

Foreverretro Sun 29-Oct-17 21:29:15

@Andylion yeah I think I might have given up if it weren’t for DH and one of my friends that were all... “but it’s the people who did Parks & Recreation so it’ll definitely be worth it!” And it was!

I’m hoping some people on here have seen Parks & Rec??

Blueemeraldagain Sun 29-Oct-17 21:32:06

I love it! I love/hate Tahani. Her wardrobe is to die for. The background jokes and 3Dness of the world is great.
Eleanor is a great lead character.

I think Janet is my favourite character.
And the twist?!?!

(Season 2 has been a bit up and down for me...)

LindyHemming Sun 29-Oct-17 21:32:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lanaorana2 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:59:24

I love it. So clever the way they blend philosophical stuff with silly jokes and contemp ways of deserving hell eg dithering and eating too many king prawns at the buffet.

BlueberryMarshmallow Sun 29-Oct-17 22:02:15

Love this show! Friday episode releases are so annoying though I want a binge watch! Janet is my favourite!

SouthernComforts Sun 29-Oct-17 22:07:10

I really like it. I didn't know it was made by the same people as Parks and Rec but that makes sense iyswim. Some very clever jokes. Janet is brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now