Talk

Advanced search

Gordon Ramsey on Coke

(9 Posts)
HolyShmoly Thu 19-Oct-17 21:15:10

Anyone watching this?
I swing between assuming at least 50% of people I know dabble in coke and being really shocked that so many people take class A drugs. But that's probably because I never noticed when people were taking drugs in clubs until people would point it out.

Someone lost a shit ton of money in that toilet that was pure blue.

JaneJeffer Thu 19-Oct-17 23:15:41

So now it's unacceptable to smoke a cigarette but it's fine to get shitfaced on coke and drive your kids around in a car. Progress.

Oblomov17 Fri 20-Oct-17 12:03:21

Watching with interest.
UK imports 30 tonnes per year. More than any other country in Europe. That’s odd. I wonder why?

“Tony is disturbed by the rising use of cocaine. “

“The demand for cocaine in the UK is at an all time High”

Maybe someone needs to address why that really is, then?

AnonEvent Fri 20-Oct-17 12:09:33

I didn't watch this programme, but did they make the point that the reason demand for cocaine is at an all-time high could be that the grown-ups that are taking coke now (i.e. not the carefree teens) are often the same people who took speed, ecstasy and MDMA in clubs in the 90s/early 2000's - and their lifestyle now precludes them from taking club-drugs (serious jobs, children, no time for three day come-downs), and cocaine is easier to take and carry-on reasonably normally?

Oblomov17 Fri 20-Oct-17 13:58:03

Holy, they didn’t talk about any of the reasons. But I totally agree with you.

But it was in Every single one of Gordon Ramsay restaurants - male and female toilets in his restaurants and also all his staff toilets.

so staff? this is a young 17-21-year-old people working for him, plus older maitre-de/ all the older chefs. everyone.

Plus lots of Joe public : young people, 20’s, 30s ,40s , all ages surely?

Susiesoap7 Fri 20-Oct-17 16:26:25

Can't stand the man! I think his cookery programmes have hit the dust, so he needs a new bandwagon! I thought he had a problem with drink or drugs I might be wrong though. Gross

FucksakeCuntingFuckingTwats Fri 20-Oct-17 16:28:55

One of our friends is a chef and my brother use to be. Cocaine is absolutely rife in that industry, in our area anyway.

NotAgainYoda Fri 20-Oct-17 19:47:13

Jane

I agree.

Tartyflette Sat 21-Oct-17 00:52:59

Yup, cocaine use in restaurant kitchens is commonplace. DC is in a parallel occipation and has lots of contacts in the business and hears mucho gossip, especially in el expensivo places..... With three stars.... And celebrity chefs...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now