Talk

Advanced search

La Casa de al Lado netflix

(21 Posts)
WhyDidIEatThat Tue 10-Oct-17 08:56:51

Anyone else hooked on this? 😀

donajimena Tue 10-Oct-17 08:58:31

Is it in Spanish? I'm looking for a good Spanish programme to watch.

WhyDidIEatThat Tue 10-Oct-17 09:05:51

It’s in Spanish, not sure if it’s the kind of good you’re looking for but it’s compulsive viewing

donajimena Tue 10-Oct-17 14:50:17

I'll let you know how I get on

WhyDidIEatThat Thu 12-Oct-17 07:50:36

Have you seen Cable Girls?

WhyDidIEatThat Mon 16-Oct-17 16:05:29

On episode 109, only 50 something more to go. I can’t possibly be the only one obsessed with this show!

TravellingFleet Mon 16-Oct-17 16:08:32

I enjoy Silvana Sin Lana far too much, and it’s good for language learning.

WhyDidIEatThat Mon 16-Oct-17 22:05:02

Awesome suggestion thanks! It’s on my list, hope Maritza Rodriguez isn’t running around in 8” heels crying all the time in it? Because that’s all she does in la Casa de al Lado

TravellingFleet Tue 17-Oct-17 12:45:29

She deals womanfully with her husband absconding with all their money and leaving her and her family penniless and dependent on the kindness of a handsome fishmonger...

Sometimes a tear seeps into the corner of her eye, but she battles on, never defeated.

It’s great for language learning because they have incredibly mundane conversations about Silvana’s new job as a fishmonger (‘I start my new job tomorrow, selling fish door to door’) and then someone will say ‘God in heaven above, will I never be relieved of my suffering and misery!!!’

WhyDidIEatThat Tue 17-Oct-17 12:59:56

😂 Oh I can’t wait! Was worried about what I’d do once I’d finished this, currently hurtling through it like someone is chasing me to the end (but have been housebound with a dog in a delicate postoperative state). I’m fluent in all Spanish for sex and serial killing but I’d be screwed if I had to become a peripatetic fish monger.

TravellingFleet Tue 17-Oct-17 14:52:26

As soon as I’ve learnt the Spanish for ‘would you like to buy my fine octopus’ I’ll throw up my job and move to Miami.

WhyDidIEatThat Tue 17-Oct-17 15:06:28

Quieres comprar . . . il mio bellissssssimo polipo? If you want to divide your time between Miami and southern Italy

WhyDidIEatThat Tue 17-Oct-17 15:14:59

Por qué no lo quieres comprar ? no quiere comprarlo? No quiere el comprar?

More viewing is urgently needed, or I’ll never make myself understood anywhere

TravellingFleet Tue 17-Oct-17 15:27:52

Buenos días señorita - puede comprar esto pulpito bonito, el mas rico del mundo? Por amor de Dios, cómpralo!

WhyDidIEatThat Tue 17-Oct-17 15:41:25

sad Mi dispiace (discolpa?) pero no puedo comprarlo porque el es un asesinato y no confió nadie nunca

TravellingFleet Tue 17-Oct-17 16:59:55

Un asesinato? Por el amor De Dios, qué podemos hacer?

WhyDidIEatThat Tue 17-Oct-17 17:11:52

At this point no sé qué creer, estoy enamorada de un asesino 🙀

TravellingFleet Tue 17-Oct-17 17:17:46

Estoy enamorada de un vendedor de pescados, un hombre sexy y amable con muchos pulpos en su coche.

WhyDidIEatThat Tue 17-Oct-17 17:53:10

😂😂😂 muchos polpos! ay

quedese tranquila! El es culpable de todo, todo

WhyDidIEatThat Tue 17-Oct-17 18:04:29

pUlpos 🐙 lo siento yo no se nada

TravellingFleet Wed 18-Oct-17 17:46:20

Tú estás amorosa de un hombre que es capable de todo? Tengas que dejarlo y vivir con migo en un casita en un barrio muy pobre que huele de pescado.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: