Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New Porridge Fridays 9pm

(9 Posts)
troodiedoo Fri 06-Oct-17 21:47:58

Ack. Tis as I feared.

Although Kevin bishop is turning in a fantastic fletch impression. But it's weaker than the sum of its parts.

Seniorcitizen1 Fri 06-Oct-17 21:58:30

Its awful

troodiedoo Fri 06-Oct-17 22:01:48

Poor Ronnie Barker

Systemoverload99 Fri 06-Oct-17 22:16:19

It's awful. I thought it was the worst out of those pilots they did, can't believe they commissioned a series of it.

TyneTeas Fri 06-Oct-17 22:17:37

Can't believe how weak and gullible the women have been written

MrsLogicFromViz Mon 16-Oct-17 17:49:44

Thank goodness - me and DH watched half of ep1 yesterday and slowly lost the will to live.

MinesaPinot Wed 18-Oct-17 13:40:13

I think it's awful, Kevin Bishop can't act to save his life, sounds like he's just reading the script.

DH is sticking with it gamely, but agrees that it's not as good as it could be.

Ronnie Barker must be turning in his grave.

Tigresswoods Wed 18-Oct-17 18:59:32

I’m enjoying it. Watched 5 episodes on iPlayer. Probably watch 6th tomorrow. It’s not going to win any comedy awards but it’s harmless & fairly amusing.

lessworriedaboutthecat Wed 25-Oct-17 10:00:25

I binged watched it in a block on iPlayer too just to see how bad it was. Only meant to give it 5 minutes but I had a weekday off and the house to myself and a couple of joints and next thing I knew I was hypnotised. With each episode it seemed to get darker and darker, the prison officer eating the drug laced cake, the gangster from Doncaster getting drugs fired over the fence in dead pigeons and a prison riot. Fletch has gone from a happy go lucky sort of chap to an associate of crime boss who has had time added to his sentence for his par in a riot. This isn't a comedy its actually a less violent British version of Un prophète.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_npawU8rEk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now