Talk

Advanced search

Outlander Season One

(13 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

LouiseBrooks Thu 05-Oct-17 22:10:17

Am I the only one finding tonight's episode on More 4 (15 of 16) utterly and gratuitously violent?

I've thought some moments in previous episodes were a tad disturbing and I'm not especially squeamish (I am a big fan of GoT) but I really think this episode is vile.

LouiseBrooks Thu 05-Oct-17 22:15:10

Bloody auto correct! I mean Outlander, not Hollander. Have asked MN to correct.

LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Oct-17 22:35:58

Thanks for reporting the thread, @LouiseBrooks.
Easy mistake to make! We've edited the title for you now.

HelenaDove Fri 06-Oct-17 00:18:33

Ive been watching on More 4 Havent seen tonights yet but the one where Jamie was beating Claire i was WTF

LouiseBrooks Fri 06-Oct-17 12:27:06

It was far worse than that. It's the lingering on the violence I find appalling. In GOT, much of it, although shocking, is often brief and - although not always - in the context of war.

craftsy Fri 06-Oct-17 12:49:58

I watched the first half of series 1 of Outlander when it first came out and during the Christmas break bought and read the book. I found the violence in the second half almost impossible to stomach. It was insanely gratuitous and I found it highly unpleasant.

SleepingBooty Fri 06-Oct-17 12:51:34

Yes, I struggled with the violence and rape. I had to fast forward those scenes.

Sparkletastic Fri 06-Oct-17 13:39:25

Couldn’t bear the violence and stopped watching from where you are up to. Unfortunately my DB had bought me the DVDs as an unwanted birthday gift. Must get round to putting them on eBay or ditch via a charity shop.

HelenaDove Fri 06-Oct-17 14:18:17

Christ last nights episode was too much I agree.

Badders08 Fri 06-Oct-17 14:21:13

Blimey...if you think that's bad...wait til ep 9!

Piffpaffpoff Fri 06-Oct-17 14:21:36

I gave up on series one as it just felt totally gratuitous in both explicit sex and the violence.

I enjoyed series 2 though and 3 is excellent so far.

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 06-Oct-17 15:20:41

Was it the episode just shown on UK TV with Randall & Jamie in the prison cell? It was quite intense.

Badders08 Fri 06-Oct-17 15:21:41

Yes
I found it quite distressing
The author does like her sexual violence.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: