Talk

Advanced search

Corrie Thread - Maybe Phelan could lock up half the Street in his cellar? *No Spoilers* [Edited by MNHQ]

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 04-Oct-17 23:54:47

Fizz first please. And everyone related to her.

Actually he's going to have get Andy to start digging out an extension to fit them all in.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Wed 04-Oct-17 23:59:09

grin yes, definitely fizz. And maria, Gina, Jenny, sarah, Gary, Anna, Michelle. It's going to be tight in there!

NoCryLilSoftSoft Thu 05-Oct-17 00:00:00

Slight tangent. At what age does a woman outgrow the name "fizz" grin

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 05-Oct-17 00:12:33

Fizz isn't remotely appropriate for her. She is dull and sanctimonious.

Is Rita going to die in the op or are they saving her demise for a Christmas storyline? Or is she going to make a miraculous recovery in the manner of David Platt, Anna and Sinead?

Smeaton Thu 05-Oct-17 00:43:08

Sling em all in't cellar and slowly fill it with quick drying cement. Pat did say the stairs were rickety.

JustDanceAddict Thu 05-Oct-17 08:04:47

Think Fizz was named for her hair, but her real name is Fiona

PhelanGood Thu 05-Oct-17 09:12:21

I want to lock up Gemma and throw away the key. Along with every other mortal who sees fit to eat with their mouth open while talking.

Sadly it looks like it will probably be the fate of Daniel, my favourite character at the mo! Amongst all the dross, this is one storyline I'm looking forward to - Daniel and Phelan head to head. Who will come out on top....!

NoCryLilSoftSoft Thu 05-Oct-17 09:43:11

I'm really enjoying Daniel now he has the bit in his teeth over this story he is doing. I have a feeling that phelan may have met his match in Daniel and will be exposed.

DumbledoresArmy Thu 05-Oct-17 09:49:55

This post contains a spoiler. Talk Guidelines.

EdithWeston Thu 05-Oct-17 09:52:40

I really dislike the Phelan character, always have. But the producers seem to think that the audience likes him.

Anyone know how they conduct their focus groups? Or whatever it is they base their audience evidence on.

Crispsheets Thu 05-Oct-17 09:54:28

I hate all the "young" people
Especially Gary

SunsetSunrise Thu 05-Oct-17 09:56:53

The writers must be following mn Corrie threads because Hope (the fiz's dd) and her long forgotten existence and illness were mentioned last night for the first time in ages. grin
I fast forward over a lot of it these days. The Phelan and Andy story is dead in the water - does anyone care what happens to either of them.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Oct-17 10:47:06

Hi folks,

As there isn't a No Spoiler warning in the thread title, and there's been a report about spoilers, we're just going to add a little warning so that people know the thread contains spoilers now!

Hope this is okay, OP.

flowers

Smeaton Thu 05-Oct-17 10:59:54

I think id have rather you delete spoiler and put a No Spoilers warning in thread title...

Clawdy Thu 05-Oct-17 11:00:53

I'm sure the journalist talking to Daniel has been in Coronation Street before. Or maybe it was Eastenders.

UnmentionedElephantDildo Thu 05-Oct-17 11:03:38

No, there s huge long running ‘no spoilers’ Corrie thread.

I agree that threads with spoilers should have caveats in the title, but they should exist for them as wants them

Smeaton Thu 05-Oct-17 11:03:57

Clawdy I thinknits Esther Hall from Waking the Dead, she's been in loads of things.

Smeaton Thu 05-Oct-17 11:04:41

Unmentioned I thought this was the continuation of the last No spoilers thread, apologies.

UnmentionedElephantDildo Thu 05-Oct-17 11:06:53

Oh, maybe it is - I’d assumed it was another thread as the opening post didn’t reference previous

Smeaton Thu 05-Oct-17 11:08:35

I don't know either... This is the thread linked at the end of last thread but the last thread had no tags in title. I'm confused?

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Oct-17 11:31:17

Hi folks,

Apologies if there has been any confusion here! We thought we'd nip in and add the warning whilst it wasn't too busy.

OP, please do start a new thread if it isn't meant to contain spoilers! You can state it in the title and from there, we can remove any spoilers if they are posted.

flowers

Comedyusername Thu 05-Oct-17 11:32:56

I thought this was the no spoilers continuation thread too

KnockturnAlley Thu 05-Oct-17 11:38:11

I also thought that this was intended to be the continuation of the no spoilers thread, as it is linked to on the last thread. I would also vote for keeping the thread as having no spoilers, changing the title and deleting the post with the spoiler. Coming across spoilers ruins Corrie for me and I really enjoy reading this thread sad

KnockturnAlley Thu 05-Oct-17 11:39:36

Sorry, cross posted with MNHQ. Can't we just keep this as the thread and delete the post with the spoiler rather than the OP starting another new one?

SunsetSunrise Thu 05-Oct-17 11:58:44

There will be no denying it if Gary is the dad. grin His ginger hair gene would definitely be passed on to his children. Poor Sarah, will she ever get a decent guy. On a plus side Eva had started dressing a bit more normal instead of looking like she belongs in a nite club in every scene.

This thread is not accepting new messages.