Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Atypical

(8 Posts)
The80sweregreat Fri 29-Sep-17 15:38:50

Watched this on Netflix this week and loved it! Ok, it was a bit cheesy in parts, but the acting was good and i thought that Casey;s boyfriend looked a bit like a very young Gary Barlow!
HIs friends were mostly kind and supportive and it was easy watching.
Has anyone else seen it?

Androidsdreamofelectricsheep Fri 29-Sep-17 22:03:28

A friend recommended it, but I haven't got round to it yet. Maybe tomorrow afternoon.

Duckiesprettycrazy Sat 30-Sep-17 09:24:41

Yes, really enjoyed it and loved the ending!

Androidsdreamofelectricsheep Sat 30-Sep-17 18:24:05

I didn't realise it was a series. Just watched episode 1, and I did enjoy it, but need to find time to watch the rest.

Androidsdreamofelectricsheep Mon 02-Oct-17 07:26:06

As a parent of a 22 year old with ASD I identified with it quite a bit. It illustrated the way ASD can take over your life. It was interesting watching the mother coming to terms with the son needing her less and less as he learned to cope with life, and the girlfriend taking over her role.

The80sweregreat Mon 02-Oct-17 08:58:47

i felt sorry for his mum. Its always the women that have to deal with everything isnt it?

Androidsdreamofelectricsheep Mon 02-Oct-17 10:46:53

It is, but then it can become their raison d'etre, making it hard when the control is taken away. Most people don't fall into the arms of a bartender though!

Kinraddie Mon 30-Oct-17 12:03:38

Just finished episode 3; very funny and enlightening. Love Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now