Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone know how to skip ads on catchup - e.g. Bake off on C4??

(8 Posts)
loveyouradvice Wed 20-Sep-17 21:28:26

I see some people watch things on catch up to avoid the ads.... how?

I only avoid them by coming on Mumsnet for a browse and then heading back....

Eyre89 Wed 20-Sep-17 21:31:44

Do they not record the program and then fast forward the adverts? Otherwise I can't see how you can. I can't on sky go, iPlayer, it player or all4 it just counts down how long the adverts have left.

NameChangr678 Thu 21-Sep-17 09:49:21

Get AdBlock - you have to disable it at the start of the program on 4od so it runs, but then enable it again once it's started. No more ads!

LloydColeandtheCoconuts Thu 21-Sep-17 10:44:49

How can you get Adblock? Sorry if that is a dumb question

NameChangr678 Thu 21-Sep-17 11:10:48

No worries! It's just an add on to Google Chrome - if you type Adblock in the Google searchbar, it should be the first link that comes up.

BeyondThePage Thu 21-Sep-17 11:14:02

I watch it either recorded on my sky box, easy to either skip through the ads, or on iplayer/all4 on there and they don't generally have ads.

littleoctonauts Sat 21-Oct-17 00:32:44

NameChangr678 thank you so much for your tip. I have just tried it out and it's worked! Having just watched Bake Off with my three dcs and under where the ad breaks included a wholly inappropriate for children underwear ad and then a very scary Asda Halloween ad that totally freaked out my three year old I was thinking we can no longer watch Bake Off as a family sad Ive just downloaded the Adblocker you suggested and disabled/enabled as you said and it worked, yay!

loveyouradvice Mon 23-Oct-17 20:46:07

oh wow! Going to try that... how exciting... Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now