Talk

Advanced search

In Therapy: Paul Burrell (Channel 5)

(20 Posts)
ImperialBlether Mon 21-Aug-17 22:47:22

Anyone watching this? It's surprisingly interesting.

MrsLogicFromViz Mon 21-Aug-17 22:57:06

I am ... gawd he's creepy.

fleshmarketclose Mon 21-Aug-17 23:13:35

He's an odious creep isn't he?

ImperialBlether Mon 21-Aug-17 23:21:42

I think he has a lot of issues. And of course he makes a living from having been her butler - that's pretty pathetic, really. It was interesting, though, I thought.

Mrskeats Mon 21-Aug-17 23:23:40

He lives near me.
Mixed opinions abound. I know someone who went to his wedding recently and like him and others who think he is a complete creep.

highinthesky Mon 21-Aug-17 23:25:47

Not watching it, but he's always seemed like an attention seeker. Mind you, he's not the only one dining off the 20-year anniversary of Diana's death.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 21-Aug-17 23:32:26

Urghhhh he makes my skin crawl! almost as much as that bloody therapist!

He seemed slightly more engaged towards the end but who knows!

I seem to remember reading that him being with the princess after she'd died was complete fabrication and he wouldn't have been allowed any where near her. Again,who knows?

ImperialBlether Mon 21-Aug-17 23:35:33

I thought that - he wouldn't have been allowed near her. And surely she'd be physically in a dreadful state - wouldn't she have to be in a cold room? He said he stayed there all night, talking to her with a Catholic priest beside him. (Read that in an interview.) I don't believe that.

The therapist looked disgusted at times - I thought that wasn't allowed!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 21-Aug-17 23:40:52

She did look disgusted and probably biting her to tongue to stop herself saying "Shut up you effing little liar!" wink

Diana would NOT have been warm and soft as he described her- she was flown home by prince Charles ffs,she'd have been cold by the time she was back in the UK,the stupid man! hmm

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 21-Aug-17 23:41:51

And I don't believe for one minute he helped her puke,he probably just rang down to the kitchen for some custard.

ImperialBlether Mon 21-Aug-17 23:43:00

His poor wife, marrying him knowing he'd had gay experiences but thinking it would work out. Interesting that she wasn't one of the 'strong women' that he was so mad on.

ImperialBlether Mon 21-Aug-17 23:43:54

I thought bulimia was kept secret - it sounded as though he was in the room with her. How awful to tell people about it now, no matter how long she was dead. No wonder William and Harry hate him.

fleshmarketclose Mon 21-Aug-17 23:47:48

It annoys me how he speaks of his childhood, I lived in the same village at the same time and there were men and women openly living in same sex relationships not two hundred yards from his home and I don't remember it ever being a big deal tbh. He speaks as though he would have been crucified but any negativity was always because the family seemed to confuse him working at the palace with being royalty themselves wink

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 22-Aug-17 07:49:17

Tbf it didn't matter what's going on in other houses if your own family is homophobic you're stuffed really.

Susiesoap7 Tue 22-Aug-17 10:03:50

He is a disgusting man, hanging on to royal shirt tails. It's probably the only way he can make any money! He will appear on as many programmes as he can if they are making a big issue about Diana's death. Let it go for heavens sake!!!

Floellabumbags Tue 22-Aug-17 10:16:54

He's awful. All the stuff about liking secrets made my skin crawl. I felt that the therapist wanted to call him out on his total bullshit.

ImperialBlether Tue 22-Aug-17 10:57:15

Yes, the secrets thing made my skin crawl, too.

fleshmarketclose Tue 22-Aug-17 11:01:07

Dame I would say that the homophobic allegations are pretty unfair against someone unable to refute them and would hazard a guess that the reason only one of his brothers appeared on the show and the other's photo was pixelated is most likely that he has a different recollection that is neither so dramatic nor does it fit with PB's version of his "story".

Brownsauceandsausages Mon 28-Aug-17 00:20:32

He came across as one of those people who have told so many lies that they are no longer sure themselves what is the truth and what is not. I felt rather ashamed with myself for watching it tbh.

EdinaMonsoon Mon 28-Aug-17 05:09:49

Exactly what Brownsauceandsausages said.

He was very creepy indeed. I'm not convinced he was as involved as he claims to have been. He clearly relishes the drama of holding secrets, knowing that this position makes him entirely unique. But people who do hold secrets of loved ones just don't brag about the fact. I think he's a total fantasist. He didn't come across as remotely truthful - particularly when he was saying he had finally started to move on. He was acting a role. Any clinical psychologist will have come across clients who declare themselves better during a final review session when you know full well that they are saying what they think you want to hear. That was IMO definitely the case here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now