Talk

Advanced search

Make or Break Channel 5

(24 Posts)
RooDaisy Mon 14-Aug-17 11:51:32

Is anyone else watching??

I can see myself back in my 20's and am so glad I'm mid 30's and have self esteem and a great boyf.

That Andy guy is an absolute tool! I think he's defo EA.

I hope I'm not the only one watching!! smile

FeralBeryl Mon 14-Aug-17 11:59:00

OMG Andy!!!! He'd be torn to shreds on our relationships board wouldn't he angry
The gas lighting from him is unbelievable. I really hope he watches it back and sees how he comes across.
I really didn't want to watch this I only saw it waiting for cbb one night but am hooked now grin

RooDaisy Mon 14-Aug-17 13:26:32

I'm exactly the same! Saw it on Friday after cbb and I'm now on episode 4.

Andy is absolutely awful, I saw the last episode on Friday and within the 1st 5 mins of him being on screen saw him for exactly what he was.
Saying that she's screaming like a banshee etc, and she's so lovely. On the 3rd episode he has her taking the blame. Absolute cock womble!!

I'm hooked though. Who do to think is going to stay together?

I think that Stephen is an arse as well

Nikita is really paranoid, I wonder if because of her job she she's what guys are like or does things with guys so is projecting? Che seems really nice.

RooDaisy Mon 14-Aug-17 13:27:19

Sees* what guys are like, that should say

Iamtheresurrection Mon 14-Aug-17 20:16:14

I thought I was the only person watching this. Feel sorry for Matty - he's nothing like the other guys physically.

Clawdeen Mon 14-Aug-17 20:40:58

Am so glad others are watching! I thought it was just me. Andy is unbelievable. His poor girlfriend looks so weighed down by him.

Did you see the apprentice guy breaking down last week? he didn't do himself any favours.

Iamtheresurrection Mon 14-Aug-17 21:59:08

I think the apprentice guy was hoping for an easy media career boost.

It's pretty savage as a concept but good viewing!

CupFullOfSpiders Tue 15-Aug-17 01:00:57

Oh thank god I thought it was just me watching too. Really wanted to start a thread but thought it would be ignored blush

Agree that Che seems relatively nice, could just be because of who he's surrounded by though. Karl is an absolute tosser, and incredibly weird looking with no lovely personality to offset that. Holly is far FAR too good for him. I just want to scoop her up and rescue her, especially after tonight's episode sad

Andy is a twat. He can't see that he needs to make it up to Elle rather than expect her to get over it with no input from him. Of course she bloody won't, he just makes everything worse.

I think the Welsh couple will stay together, they seem quite solid. Elle and Connor also seem quite drama free and comfortable with each other. Doubt Nikita will ever let Che escape, even if he wants to grin

<overinvested>

RTKangaMummy Thu 17-Aug-17 22:17:28

DH and I started watching this

I joke that it is the best programme on TV and is such quality and will win loads of BAFTAs

It is so bad it is good iyswim gringringringringringringrin

Clawdeen Thu 17-Aug-17 22:49:13

Totally agree! It's so awful and I'm so tired I should go to bed but there's something very addictive about it!

Themostannoyingperson Thu 17-Aug-17 23:16:24

Mmm I don't know about Andy. Elle just doesn't want to break up hence the repetitive arguments but no idea why Andy doesn't walk.
Also glad not to be 20 again although this lot seem so much more aggressive. And I like a arguement

SpanishFly Fri 18-Aug-17 10:38:24

Jeez Andy and Elle are so draining.

I cannot understand what Hollie sees in Karl at all. He's odd looking, and so unintelligent, and he had an affair. Really, he's no catch whatsoever.

stripeknee Fri 18-Aug-17 11:00:03

i havent watched much of this but i was going to watch with both dd as we thought it would be like love island but we haven't really got into it, dd watches Ellie and Connor as they are fitness youtubers

SpanishFly Fri 18-Aug-17 11:08:04

What ages are your DDs? There's a lot of vagina and balls chat in sex therapy so I wouldn't watch with them if theyre young 😂

stripeknee Fri 18-Aug-17 11:23:11

SpanishFly there in their twenties both home from uni for summer, we didnt even manage to watch one full episode, glad we didnt miss much !
i was shocked a few weeks back when some celeb complained about the contestants of love island and her dd watching it and she was 12 ! no way would i let a dc that young watch it and even tell others if she did

SpanishFly Fri 18-Aug-17 11:33:50

Ooft 12!! No way. My DS is 12 and if he came through while it was on, I'd either pause it or put it off. They don't need to see things like that and believe that's real life

confused123456 Fri 18-Aug-17 11:58:05

We love it. I have a few opinions on it.

SheGotOffThePlane Fri 18-Aug-17 12:05:10

Can anyone remember Temptation Island back in the early 2000s? Same concept. I bloody love this Make or Break though, it's utterly awful but compelling at the same time.
Glad the Welsh couple made it. I hope Elle and Hollie look back and see their blokes for the utter knobs they are.

RooDaisy Fri 18-Aug-17 12:08:20

I'm really glad the Welsh couple made it, they were really lovely together. He was on beauty school cop outs with Scarlett Moffatt, if I remember rightly!

Andy and Elle need to split up, they are so unhealthy together. I think he is an absolute tool.

Agree that Karl is really daft and I hope the girls see them both for what they are!!

I wonder who will make or break tonight!

Iamtheresurrection Fri 18-Aug-17 12:56:08

I remember and loved temptation island. There was a lot of angst in that show!

RTKangaMummy Fri 18-Aug-17 22:11:41

Paul obviously thinks wearing yellow is a dodgy colour for staying together

RTKangaMummy Fri 18-Aug-17 22:44:20

I thought he was going to say break

RTKangaMummy Fri 18-Aug-17 22:56:14

Well that was a surprise gringringrin

SpanishFly Sat 19-Aug-17 14:34:10

just caught up with the finale - what the hell?? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now