loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cardinal

(10 Posts)
cushioncovers Sat 10-Jun-17 11:47:21

Anyone watching?

Rhubarb01 Sat 10-Jun-17 22:52:34

I watched last week's episodes, enjoyed it and thought it was shaping up nicely so I made a note to watch again tonight but despite the warnings given before it started I was forced to turn it off. Too much prolonged and gratuitous violence for me, I'm afraid. Pity but for those who stuck with it I hope it lives up to the promising start.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sat 10-Jun-17 22:58:52

Gosh it has gone from classy complex drama to awful gratuitous violence. I had to duck out into the kitchen and go and check on the kids a couple of times blush

The bits in between were good though!

I've just watched episodes 3 and 4 back to back.

I'm sure Cardinal is taking back handers but also very dedicated to the day to day cases.

youngestisapsycho Sat 10-Jun-17 23:21:26

Just watching episode 3... I'm enjoying, although this episode has gotten a bit darker!

fishcakeintheshade Sun 11-Jun-17 00:46:42

Too much prolonged and gratuitous violence for me, I'm afraid.
Me too. The plot is really compelling but the violence is unnecessary and distracting. I'm trying to skip the 'basement scenes' and watch the rest.

cushioncovers Sun 11-Jun-17 07:16:27

Oh dear I haven't watched episode 3/4 yet. shock

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 11-Jun-17 10:49:40

Thinking back a lot of the violence isn't actually seen. I mean it's not comfortable viewing at all, but it's the waiting for the violence we know is coming that's difficult, because of what we know about the characters and previous victims.

I still found parts of it unwatchable. The degrading and humiliating of the victim was awful. Worse than Dustin Hoffman being tortured in Marathon Man for example.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 11-Jun-17 10:50:03

Episode 3 is the worse for the violence.

cushioncovers Sun 11-Jun-17 17:21:24

Just watched most recent episode and didn't find it too bad. Really hope Keith gets out of this sadfinding the money laundering side story really distracting and a bit pointless. Or am I missing something bigger?

Halsall Sun 11-Jun-17 20:53:05

I really enjoyed the first two. Last night's were stomach-churning and I found them very hard to watch. Too much time dwelling on the perpetrators and not enough on Cardinal, I think. There are only two more eps, I think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now