Talk

Advanced search

Poldark's on the horizon (looking broodingly out to sea...)

(137 Posts)
MaQueen Wed 24-May-17 20:48:52

So, only a matter of a few weeks left before we can all, once more, immerse ourselves in the societal & economic dynamics of 18th century rural Cornwall perve at Aiden Turner's snug breeches and clenched jawline

Anyone else excited??? Am really going to make a vair serious effort to actually pay attention to the plot this time - it's something to do with tin mining, I think [hesitant]

VeuveVera Wed 24-May-17 23:29:49

I wish they'd bloody announce the date

Pixel Thu 25-May-17 19:10:55

Looking out to sea you say? Can you see any pilchards yet?

I've read all the books so I know what's going to happen. It means if I go into a scything induced trance I don't lose track of the plot!

MaQueen Thu 25-May-17 19:32:40

Oooh, lucky you Pixel. I find it terribly difficult to concentrate on the subtleties of the plot when Ross keeps taking his bleddy shirt off...

ProseccoBitch Mon 29-May-17 13:06:01

I wish they'd tell us when it's going to start now it's so close.

rollonthesummer Mon 29-May-17 13:11:13

Ooh, I hope there is plenty of scything.

I miss my Sunday night scythe!

ProseccoBitch Wed 31-May-17 16:51:32

11th June people!!

JuneFromBethesda Wed 31-May-17 23:18:25

Yay, I've been loitering around the telly addicts board hoping someone might mention Poldark. I started watching snippets of series 1 & 2 again the other day. I'd forgotten just how utterly, ridiculously gorgeous Aidan Turner is.

11 June!? Less than two weeks away, hurrah!!

GretchenFranklin Wed 31-May-17 23:21:19

yes. Beginning to feel a bit saucy about it tbh. Ca'pn phnarr.

GretchenFranklin Wed 31-May-17 23:22:59

Scuse the apostrophe error.

Ladybirdbookworm Thu 01-Jun-17 23:11:32

Hope he's ready for another bath grin

ShelaghTurner Thu 01-Jun-17 23:17:22

I'm totally in but I really only come here to complain about the deviation from the story, the changes to the characters and the sheer awfulness of Caroline who is such a wonderful character but this version is utter pants.

And Ross is a twat. A hot twat but still a twat.

ProseccoBitch Fri 02-Jun-17 00:28:51

Apparently there's a bit where he pushed his towel (round his waist) lower than he intended to, watch out for that.

ProseccoBitch Fri 02-Jun-17 00:31:33

Possible spoiler alert!

@ShelaghTurner I read all the books after the last series ended and hope I'm not going to be shouting at the TV now I know what's supposed to happen, apparently they've cut Jud out (working away) but Prudie is still working there.

ShelaghTurner Fri 02-Jun-17 01:10:38

I'm afraid shouting at the tv is obligatory once you've read the books! grin

They've cut Judd? Gits. They should have cut Prudie, this one is awful..

ShelaghTurner Fri 02-Jun-17 01:11:27

And working away where? Who the hell else would employ Judd? grin

ProseccoBitch Fri 02-Jun-17 08:36:08

'In the trade' I think it said!

Sunnymeg Fri 02-Jun-17 09:20:31

I wonder how much of an enjoyable watch this series is going to be. It was pretty uncomfortable watching the original series in the 1970'second, considering the story lines that are about to begin.

SapphireStrange Fri 02-Jun-17 11:06:46

considering the story lines that are about to begin.

I don't know the old series or the books, so I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm intrigued!

Does the doctor come back, by any chance? I really liked his character.

I'm quite looking forward to it. I don't really feel the Aiden T love (sorry), but find it a very good watch. I quite liked Caroline. grin

ShelaghTurner Fri 02-Jun-17 12:55:33

Agree Sunny. One particularly odious character is about to appear although said character was fabulously played in the 70s, always set my teeth on edge.

ElspethFlashman Fri 02-Jun-17 13:00:11

Oh I heard something about an notoriously odious character in the 70s but don't know the details.

Does that mean that George is no longer the Baddie?

ElspethFlashman Fri 02-Jun-17 13:01:12

I wasn't a fan of Caroline and her red lipstick. Her voice was as flat and expressionless as concrete. I just don't think she can actually act, sadly.

ProseccoBitch Fri 02-Jun-17 13:10:50

I read the books after watching the first two series so the Caroline I pictured when I read them was the one from the TV but most people don't seem to think she's very good. What bugs me is that all the female characters have the wrong colour hair! Apparently Demelza is blonde in real life but they dyed her red, she's supposed to be dark, Elizabeth blonde, Caroline red etc, maddening!

CeciliaMiddleton Fri 02-Jun-17 13:44:38

I'm so excited! This is the only review I've been able to find so far -- sounds amazing though!! www.culturewhisper.com/r/article/bbc_poldark_review_season_2_episode_1/7683

youngestisapsycho Fri 02-Jun-17 13:47:33

That review is for season 2......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now