Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Orphan Black

(10 Posts)
VeuveVera Tue 23-May-17 11:31:46

No idea what it's about
Thanks

Myinsidesareallwrong Tue 23-May-17 11:33:47

I don't want to give too much away, but it is AMAZING! You have just got to watch it, I was hooked from the first 10 minutes. The actress who plays the lead role (s) is just outstanding and it is really funny in places!

I loved it. grin

Smeaton Tue 23-May-17 11:33:50

A girl finds out shes part of a government cloning conspiracy, fun ensues, it becomes complicated and ard to follow, theres one really cool character whos a bit nuts, the rest are clichéd examles of "typical" characters.
house wife
net nerd
rebel
etc.

Some people really like it, I am not one of them. it was okay for the first season or two, then went a bit OTT and I had to turn it off.

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 23-May-17 11:42:51

It's absolutely stunning. Really addictive. And she's incredible!

I came across it almost by accident on Netflix and am still shocked to hasn't got more popularity.

I couldn't disagree more about the cliches! yes it sort of starts that way but they're not pigeon-holed at all.

You'll know within the first couple of eps if it's for you. Not the one first one, but give it two or three then decide. I really can't recommend it highly enough.

There are some slightly weird bits but it's best to just jump in and enjoy grin

olderthanyouthink Tue 23-May-17 11:51:18

It's great! The lead actress is amazing.

The story lines are so interesting, it's funny and very weird.

VeuveVera Wed 24-May-17 13:20:52

1st ten minutes is good!

pincha Wed 24-May-17 13:25:33

I loved the first series, stuck with the second, but gave up after the first episode of the third. A really interesting premise that gets stretched waaaaay too far.

TerfwithaNerf Wed 24-May-17 13:27:02

I only lasted a few episodes.

Very generic, clichéd and in no way believable. Found the scenes where the lead actress played different characters a bit cringey as well.

wildflowerfable Wed 24-May-17 13:32:41

It's not for everyone, but dh and I really enjoy it as it's a genre we watch a lot.

I don't want to say too much of the storyline, as I wouldn't want to give it away. It's all about clones and discovering why they were made, who wants to kill them, future technology etc.

I think the lead actress is very talented, and I have come to love her character of Helena who is completely insane!

ISaySteadyOn Wed 24-May-17 13:44:04

Tatiana Maslany is awesome. That is all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now