Talk

Advanced search

Game of Thrones looking-forward-to-Season 7 and discussion of previous seasons thread **SPOILERS**

(352 Posts)
OlennasWimple Sun 14-May-17 15:55:57

*SPOILER WARNING*

Anyone else who is eagerly awaiting the start of the next season and want to chat about predictions and theories for what is going to happen as the Game of Thrones draws to a conclusion over the next two series?

Spoilers inevitable, as it's almost impossible to look forward without looking back at what has happened in the show already. But please mark spoilers about leaks relating to Seasons 7 and 8 in case some pp don't want to see photos and things ahead of the show.

So, who is going to win the Game and who is going to die? Share your thoughts, theories and crazy tinfoil hat suggestions here!

iklboo Sun 14-May-17 15:57:10

When does it start? We went & got Now TV yesterday just so we can watch GOT live grin

Bobbybobbins Sun 14-May-17 17:02:13

Ooooh we are thinking of Now tv for a couple of months to catch series 7 - can you just sign up for a month or two? We have BT tv but not sure they will get the episodes on there til the end of the series.

CaptainBrickbeard Sun 14-May-17 17:15:46

I can't predict anything! Excited though.

glitterglitters Sun 14-May-17 17:17:58

Starts 7th July. I cannot wait to see what happens when Dany finally gets to Kings Landing and clashes with Cersei 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Idrinkandiknowstuff Sun 14-May-17 17:25:55

Cannot wait for the start, and the look on Cersei's face when she sees Tyrian cosied up with Dany.

Idrinkandiknowstuff Sun 14-May-17 17:26:27

Thought it was the 16th glitter?

glitterglitters Sun 14-May-17 18:31:14

Lol sorry getting confused with due date 😂

TyrionLannistersShadow Sun 14-May-17 18:33:53

I just wish George would hurry up and finish book 6 , I'm beginning to think it'll never be published sad

SpikeWithoutASoul Sun 14-May-17 18:34:38

Remind me how the last season ended. I enjoy g of t but have such an appalling memory and the long break between seasons doesn't help!

iklboo Sun 14-May-17 19:21:25

Bobby - yes you can get a one month cinema or three month entertainment pass, no commitment. Then I think about £7 a month for the entertainment package. We got a box including 3 month pass for £25 from Sainsburys yesterday.

brieandcrackers Sun 14-May-17 19:41:13

Spike http://www.looper.com/17045/game-thrones-season-6s-finale-explained/ smile

Bobbybobbins Sun 14-May-17 19:41:22

Great, thanks!

brieandcrackers Sun 14-May-17 19:56:53

An interesting theory I've read recently:

Jaime may wind up killing Cersei (kingslayer becoming the queenslayer - plus the whole 'Valonqar' thing - assumed so far the little brother in question is Tyrion but Jaime was also born after Cersei...)

Really, really, really hope there are some Jaime and Brienne scenes grin

flibberdy Sun 14-May-17 20:09:13

Ooh watching this thread with interest!

foxrun Sun 14-May-17 20:14:38

I think Ayra may die this season, not sure where she will fit and grrm is not know for his happy endings.

glitterglitters Sun 14-May-17 20:24:37

Definitely agree Jaime will kill cersei. I reckon he'll end up dead too.

I think Daenerys will die as well.

Jon Snow will be king 👌🏼

glitterglitters Sun 14-May-17 20:26:24

Actually isn't Jon the son of Daenerys' older brother (from marriage too)? So he would technically through rules of succession similar to ours be in line before Dany.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 14-May-17 20:26:31

Yara will end up as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms

Logolphin Sun 14-May-17 20:38:15

I am currently half way through a great re-watch. I am amazed at how much I didn't notice the first time. There is so much foretelling. Robert Baratheon mentions walking through the streets, perhaps as a whore, to Cercei and Theon mentions being a eunuch. The names of the wolves fit with their owners fates as well. I think Arya will be ok, one of the very few to survive.

glitterglitters Sun 14-May-17 20:54:39

@Logolphin oooh John - Ghost i.e. Resurrected etc

KittyVonCatsington Sun 14-May-17 21:00:49

Daenerys' older brother

I think it was Daenerys' Uncle but yes, Jon Snow may well be in front-especially if his parents got secretly married!! Can't wait for more of that story!

Oblomov17 Sun 14-May-17 21:01:05

I'm getting confused already. Re Dany etc.

AtlantaGinandTonic Sun 14-May-17 21:11:02

I've read theories regarding the dragons. Apparently, in the backstory, there was someone who could take control of a dragon's mind and turn them against the other dragons. It's what caused the downfall of one of the previous Targaryan ruler, a king I think. People have suggested in fan forums that Cersei may locate one of these people and turn the dragons against each other. sad

AtlantaGinandTonic Sun 14-May-17 21:12:05

I was under the impression that Jon Snow's parents were secretly married, but that's not from the books, only theories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now