Talk

Advanced search

Once upon a time - what was that last episode all about?! *spoiler warning*

(20 Posts)
bigredboat Sat 13-May-17 12:15:39

Has anyone watched the hook & Emma wedding episode? What was with all the singing?! I think they've jumped the shark with this episode but I'm looking forward to the season finale anyway.

Ariawyn Sat 13-May-17 20:36:17

It was... OK

But the trailer for the next one looks like they're going down the mental hospital route (again like buffy.....)

Dillite2 Sun 14-May-17 00:06:07

It was terrible! You know show is sinking deep when they start doing musical episodes.

MeadowDream Sun 14-May-17 00:16:30

Me and DP couldn't take it seriously. We both just kept looking at each other like hmm

Dee03 Sun 14-May-17 00:16:33

I'm actually watching it right now....and I don't know why as it's crap...I hate singing episodes....didn't they do that in Greys Anatomy too hmm

EsmesBees Mon 15-May-17 20:20:57

I didn't hate it. I thought considering how crazy this show is generally, how little character or continuity matters, and how far it's jumped the shark, they pulled it off quite well.

yumyumpoppycat Tue 16-May-17 00:04:30

I quite liked it excluding Regina's singing bits (hated it in Grey's and buffy though) - I agree re jumping the shark though, characters are being cut so it is a bit giving the audience the happy ending they want, - although what difference does it make if characters get axed anyway as even Robin who was apparently 100% obliterated found a way back.

diddl Tue 16-May-17 09:31:35

I think it was a joke as it was the wedding of the daughter of the Charmings-so a nod to Disney & flowery Princessy crap iyswim.

Anyone seen "The Final Battle" yet?

yumyumpoppycat Tue 16-May-17 10:11:30

Yes exactly, the joke fit in so I wasn't thinking what bullshit is this ;)

Think it's on on Thursday,

Dillite2 Wed 17-May-17 09:30:22

I haven't yet, but will be watching it tonight.

yumyumpoppycat Wed 17-May-17 18:59:57

Just watched the first 5 mins going to watch properly later but yes mental hospital with a Nurse Ratched type ... also makes me think a bit of Return to Oz, but they have done that in so many programs.

HookandSwan Wed 17-May-17 19:14:21

Aww I loved the musical ep, I mean it's a Disney show and it's based on Disney classics who all have singing. It's supposed to be a bit cheesey and disney.

laylabelle Wed 17-May-17 21:33:38

Yeah I liked. Cheesey but kinda cute. Lover zelenas song..sounded so light hearted but lyrics less so.

Though am surprised they're carrying it on to another season

yumyumpoppycat Wed 17-May-17 23:22:08

Think it makes sense in a way to have a fresh start, even so I can't imagine it will last much longer....although I have been saying that about Grey's anatomy for about 5 years, and even though that's a bit rubbish I keep watching it! I am sad Zalina's not going to be in it, I quite liked her character. At least Jennifer Morrison finally cracked a smile for the last episode.

The new henry played a bad guy in The Walking Dead so maybe he is hoping to shake that off?!

HookandSwan Thu 18-May-17 06:42:31

Omg greys anatomy needs to die a death already, when Cristina and then dreamy and then Callie left it just got really bad..

Back to once, only hook, rumple and the evil queen are returning next season, not sure it'll be as good without Emma and the charmings and original Henry.

Dillite2 Thu 18-May-17 07:26:10

To be honest, I will be glad to see Emma's miserable facial expressions no longer being there. I am fed up of Charming's as well and their saccharine true love. I think that the show could do with some fresh faces and storylines.

Groovee Thu 18-May-17 10:34:59

Caught up on it yesterday. Saw the final Part 2. Complete turn around to how I thought it would go and the ending confused me.

diddl Thu 18-May-17 20:35:33

Yes I've also seen the last eps & I don't know why they didn't end it tbh.

EsmesBees Fri 19-May-17 07:36:06

I've no idea why they didn't let it end there either. Or why Robert Carlyle would still want to be in it. Although I suppose it's easy money for him.

diddl Fri 19-May-17 08:26:14

It looks as if it's just going to be the same thing all over again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now