Talk

Advanced search

Do your DC watch Eurovision?

(9 Posts)
WhispersOfWickedness Sat 13-May-17 10:12:23

Just pondering whether to let DC who are 5 and 7 stay up for Eurovision. I watch it every year but can't really remember whether there is swearing etc 🤔 Has anyone watched the semi finals and can tell me if there are any acts that they wouldn't be happy for their DC to watch? I actually think they will fall asleep on the sofa by about the third act, so my worry could be unfounded anyway 😅

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Sat 13-May-17 10:18:29

No swearing at all, worth watching for the dancing gorilla this year wink

They'll never make it thru the voting though, went on til midnight last year. grin

SnipSnipMrBurgess Sat 13-May-17 10:21:50

Ive stayed up to watch the Eurovision since I was 3 back in what, 1983 or something? Its tradition! My kids stay up too!

Now if they fall asleep, away to bed but they are usually bopping around the place.

Mind you the presenting is very stilted and boring this year, it might put us all to sleep.

MeganChips Sat 13-May-17 10:23:59

Mine are quite a bit older at 13 and 10 but I always let them stay up for Eurovision and have done for years.

Sometimes they have made it through the voting, sometimes they have given up and gone to bed.

CormorantDevouringTime Sat 13-May-17 10:24:32

No swearing (apart from Sweden's use of "freaking") and this year nothing overly sexy either. I'd let them stay up until the voting or they get bored whichever comes sooner.

Crumbs1 Sat 13-May-17 10:26:16

We have a big village supper party. All ages from little ones to 90 year olds. Some stay all night some don't. Some wear fancy dress/bling others don't.

WhispersOfWickedness Sat 13-May-17 17:57:23

Ah, brilliant, thank you everyone, I will give it a go then 😁 I do suspect that they will crash long before the voting 😅

ColdAsIceCubes Sat 13-May-17 18:01:51

I encourage my eldest two to watch with me and my dd managed until 11 last year. This year she doesn't want to watch it with me so I shall nurse my wine and Pringles and annoy dh grin.

WhispersOfWickedness Sat 13-May-17 18:23:45

One of my reasons for wanting the DC to watch it with me is because DH has buggered off to a BBQ with friends this year, so I don't want to sit in watching it on my own this year 😁 He does always slope off to bed at some point though (he normally goes to bed ridiculously early), so it is possible that the DC will outlast him anyway hmmgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now