Talk

Advanced search

King Charles III

(9 Posts)
ChampagneCommunist Wed 10-May-17 21:19:50

Watching with interest, but finding the speech patterns a bit painful

RustyBear Wed 10-May-17 21:37:07

I think it's interesting, I like it.
I saw the play at the Wyndham, this has a more intimate feeling, especially Charles' soliloquies to camera.

StrangeAndUnusual Fri 12-May-17 23:35:50

It's Shakespearean innit - iambic pentameter. I liked it

ppeatfruit Sun 14-May-17 16:49:10

So would anyone recommend it? Is it funny? I enjoyed the recent Henry the 9th that was great.

Travelledtheworld Sun 14-May-17 18:40:20

Watched this last night on the iplayer and through it was fantastic.
It's not really funnny though ppeatfruit but very thought provoking.
TIm Piggot-Smith is brilliant as Charles. I think this was his last acting role?
And that lad who used to be Aloysius in Skins. He was a terrific Prince Harry.
British drama at its best !

MissWimpyDimple Sun 14-May-17 20:17:27

I thought it was surprisingly thought provoking! I suppose the point being that Charles, although somewhat dangerous and overstepping etc.... was actually the "progressive" one who accepted harry and what he wanted to do. Whereas by the end Harry had to give it all up on Williams command.

RitaConnors Sun 14-May-17 20:28:39

I really liked it. I hadn't heard anything about it so I was thrown by the speech until I worked out it was all Shakespeare-esq. The whole ghost thing made more sense too.

Goldfishjane Sun 14-May-17 20:36:33

I thought it was good but thought the language choice was interesting
Also I struggled to believe the Harry storyline tbh
I think they'd have stopped him visiting a council estate no matter how much security he had lurking
Constitutionally interesting and a very sad ending
re Tim's last role, I think he was due to be in a new play the week after he passed, so sad. He was excellent in this. I also rewatched Houdini last week, he's very good.

ppeatfruit Mon 15-May-17 08:47:58

Thank you travelled I'll attempt to see it.

Yes sad about Tim P.S.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now