New thread!

Dothbutternoparsnips Fri 05-May-17 20:59:47

I'm in

Dothbutternoparsnips Fri 05-May-17 21:00:19

I want to make candied rosemary now

fourquenelles Fri 05-May-17 21:00:34

Puts towel down. Thanks Halsall

Hiphopopotamus Fri 05-May-17 21:02:07

Been a lurker the whole way through but joining the thread now if you'll all accept such a latecomer...

Lorna to win for me

GrouchyKiwi Fri 05-May-17 21:02:22

I want to make friends with Giovanna.

Thanks for the new thread!

GrouchyKiwi Fri 05-May-17 21:03:03

Only if your lyrics are bottomless, Hiphop.

foxessocks Fri 05-May-17 21:03:04

Marking place! Welcome hipho

Wish I had a snack after watching that!

foxessocks Fri 05-May-17 21:03:38

Giovanna is very sweet

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Fri 05-May-17 21:03:38

I'm in-see you Monday!

Halsall Fri 05-May-17 21:04:39

You're warmly welcomed hiphop, jump in! We'll be poised on Monday to shout at Greggg a bit more

ellenanora5 Fri 05-May-17 21:04:43

Cheers Halsall

Welcome hiphopopotamus grin

South Africa should be fun, see you all there grin

squoosh Fri 05-May-17 21:10:18

I think I'm going to get behind Giovanna.

Cagliostro Fri 05-May-17 21:22:22

Hi all! Thanks for the new thread.

I want Giovanna or Lorna to win. L because I think she's bloody amazing to be doing this at 22, she's so young (and it makes me feel so old to say that... I'm 30 grin). G because she was the first person in the heats when I thought yes I like her. So I've always been rooting for her.

Quite like Steve but I find Alison and Saliha a bit arrogant TBH, that might just be me but I can't warm to them at all however good their food looks.

Cagliostro Fri 05-May-17 21:23:50

Today 20:41 squoosh (from previous thread)

Brodie reminds me of Gussie Finknottle from the Fry and Laurie Jeeves series.

I just read that out to DH and he leapt from his chair exclaiming "YES!!! Thank you, I've been going crazy trying to think who he reminded me of!" So thanks grin

Hiphopopotamus Fri 05-May-17 21:59:22

Yay! If I get a flight of the conchords reference so soon I know I'm on the right thread! Thanks guys. You'll be glad to know I can't stand Greg, but have a massive crush on Jay Rayner...

BestIsWest Fri 05-May-17 23:58:07

Yes, I lie Lorna and Giovanni too. Lorna's scaredycat nervousness makes me want to give her a motherly hug.

Elendon Sat 06-May-17 08:37:57

Hope you don't mind me joining in as well. Have been lurking on the other thread and enjoying it.

I too like Giovanna and Lorna. Not sure about Steve as I think he's the arrogant one. I like Alison and her inventiveness but she is skirting close to the edge, I thought she was on her way last night. Saliha's recipes are good too, but I do wish she would try some fusion food and more desserts/puddings.

squoosh Sat 06-May-17 11:23:31

just read that out to DH and he leapt from his chair exclaiming "YES!!! Thank you, I've been going crazy trying to think who he reminded me of!" So thanks

You, and he, are very welcome 😅

It was the combination of the poshness, the specs, and the 'oh crumbs' facial expressions that finally clicked it for me!

Cagliostro Sat 06-May-17 12:28:00

grin if it weren't for your post he probably would've sat up in bed at 3am in a couple of weeks shouting FINKNOTTLE!!! That's it! So I'm quite grateful myself for that grin

squoosh Sat 06-May-17 12:37:10

I'm glad to have kept Gussie Finknottle from your marital bed!

mangomay Sat 06-May-17 12:50:15

New to this thread, but I'll put it out there now...can't stand Alison and Saliha. They're just arrogant. When Alison and Lorna were 'safe' that time and she kept giving Lorna the side eye....I wanted to punch her. Lorna melts my heart and Giovanna is just so lovely.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Sat 06-May-17 15:43:59

Giovanna to win!

They're all on Twitter, by the way.

twitter.com/lornarobertson_
twitter.com/AlisonPOReilly
twitter.com/steve_survival
twitter.com/salihacooks
twitter.com/giovannamryan
twitter.com/brodiecooks1

Brodie's account says he's a private cook now. I don't think they can be in the amateur version if they work as a cook, so that must be on the back of the competition. Good on him, I liked him. He comes from Fife and went to Glasgow School of Art.

fourquenelles Sat 06-May-17 16:50:02

I have a huge mum crush on Jermaine Hiphop. I have very rude dreams about him
Still not sure who to back. Steve or Giovanna. Hmmmmm.

MrsPeelyWaly Sat 06-May-17 20:56:33

Kate Spicer is horrible and the absolutely the last person who should be a food critic given she is probably a borderline anorexic and a while back had to be stopped from talking part in tv series when the psychologists on the show realised she was enjoying the experiment too much.

She does not have a healthy relationship with food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now