Talk

Advanced search

The good fight

(45 Posts)
Mumteedum Thu 27-Apr-17 22:29:54

This has filled a void in my thursdays. Elspeth tascioni to boot. I am happy grin

Optimist1 Sat 29-Apr-17 14:30:37

Yes, very pleased to see Elspeth again!

SandraIsaidSandra Sun 30-Apr-17 07:59:47

Me too. It is excellent! Love Elspeth, love Diane, so glad the spin off is working, it had big shoes to fill. Do you think Alicia Florrick will make a guest appearance?

Optimist1 Sun 30-Apr-17 09:20:52

Much as I loved Alicia, I don't want her to make a guest appearance in this. I don't miss the political angle of The Good Wife - I obviously don't know enough about the workings of the American system.

I'm very glad Marissa is in this one - I get a bit bemused by Diane's perfectly groomed, cool exterior and it's a welcome relief to see Marissa's unorthodox (but usually effective) approach!

theaveragewife Sun 30-Apr-17 09:24:12

Alicia started to get really smug and annoying...actually for most of the series. Love that Elspeth is back but would also like to see Cary and Eli and the judge that only listens to people when they say 'in my opinion' after an argument.

Berthatydfil Sun 30-Apr-17 09:25:13

I like Marissa and Diane (love Kurt) I've just caught Vera on demand - never watched it before so really shocked to see Lucca with a northern accent.
I'm not to sure on Mia though.

Mumteedum Sun 30-Apr-17 12:51:09

Yy to the imo judge! grin

Mumteedum Sun 30-Apr-17 12:52:28

Is lucca a British actor then.? Mia is. She was in Downton.

OneThingAndThenTheNext Sun 30-Apr-17 13:06:01

I actually cheered when Elspeth appeared, love her.

Liking Diane on the back foot, makes a change! Would love to see her and her husband make another proper go of it.

Berthatydfil Sun 30-Apr-17 13:15:02

Lucca is British although I haven't seen her in anything else apart from Vera. I knew Mia was- she was in Game of thrones, I never watched Downton. Her mum (in the show) looks like she's had too many fillers or surgery round her mouth, most odd.
I love Elspeth, I hope they bring back some of the other minor characters from the good wife like the investigator sahd and the woman mum lawyer who was always breast feeding or expressing.

Optimist1 Sun 30-Apr-17 18:35:31

I agree about Mia's mother's mouth, Bertha. I just looked her up on IMDb (to make sure she hadn't been having a valiant battle against an aggressive mouth disease or similar) and she's 69 years old!! So I guess fillers could well be the cause, although under the "trademark features" section they list her lisp.

youngestisapsycho Sun 30-Apr-17 21:15:48

Isn't she the one from Annie... Tim Currys girlfriend who kidnap Annie?

TreeTop7 Mon 01-May-17 00:13:22

Loving this. Was good to see Elspeth, and the ChumHum guy.

Would now like to see the feisty blonde lawyer with the baby, the "opinion" judge, and Alicia's MiL. Oh, and the CIA geeks and their world-weary boss.

I suppose Michael J Fox is too much to hope for.

PuddleTrouble Sun 07-May-17 00:04:07

Is anyone finding the legal cases in this harder to follow than The Good Wife?
The ChumHum episode about censorship (I think) and leaked transcripts of the meetings. Turns out they were leaked by ChumHum themselves. What? Why? Didn't follow it. And the guy with the bright green blazer, what the hell was he trying to do/prove?

bagelbaby Sun 07-May-17 09:09:50

I'm just happy it's back and is still great!

Optimist1 Sun 07-May-17 14:10:19

I agree that the plots are convoluted and quite fast-moving, Puddle - certainly can't afford to give it any less than 100% attention! Even so, I don't understand why Neil Gross wanted to test the firm like that. And is Mia's father using the info he got from her to buy some sort of immunity from prosecution? I'm trying desperately to remember whether Lucca knows about Elspeth's false info to report the leak. Can anyone help me out here?

On a side note, how cool, calm and collected was Diane during the exchanges with blazer boy - impressive!!

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 12-May-17 14:23:56

I love Elspeth so much. Also a fan of Marissa.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 12-May-17 14:27:07

I'm getting tired with Elspeth.

The sudden "oh, I like your earrings" line is being trotted out every single time.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 12-May-17 14:29:05

Also Maia tends to over act, and she has an annoying voice.

Even Dianne isn't the old Dianne any more, her sparkle's gone.

I'm really disappointed.

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 12-May-17 14:35:28

"Ma'am, you're an acquired taste, and I don't think I've acquired it yet."
grin

I think that Elspeth being distracted by Dorothy's earrings was to make new viewers (who haven't seen The Good Wife) aware of her ADD traits, which are part of her character.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 12-May-17 14:39:15

Oh I know, but after seeing it every single time she was in the Good Wife and now again, I'm just getting tired with it.

problembottom Sat 13-May-17 12:30:48

Adored the Good Wife but not loving this so far. I'm persisting because I love characters like Elspeth and Marissa. Hasn't Matthew Perry let himself go btw!

PastysPrincess Sat 13-May-17 12:42:57

@puddletrouble & @Optimist1 the reason Neil Gross leaked the transcripts was because he didn't want to have to censor the posters in the first place as they make him lots of money but was accused of not doing enough to help minority's sooo, he got the minority firm to take on the censorship so he looked like he was doing something about it but didn't actually stop all the posters using his system and making him money.

Love Elspeth!

Maia accent is getting on my nerves but overall I think I like it more than the good wife. <gasp>

Optimist1 Sat 13-May-17 13:50:59

Thanks, Princess - that makes sense now.

Mumteedum Wed 17-May-17 22:32:04

Caught up on demand. Still loving it but they def need to tone down a notch with Elspeth. I always loved her character but it's becoming parody. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now