Talk

Advanced search

Second Chance Summer Tuscany

(10 Posts)
practicallyimpractical38 Wed 26-Apr-17 21:55:49

Is anyone else having unholy thoughts about the priest in this? I don't know if it's the beard, the accent or what😶

Battytwatty Thu 27-Apr-17 20:11:52

Haha! I know what you mean. He's lovely and looks really cuddley.
I'm really enjoying this programme...I can't believe everyone apart from the chef bailed the olive harvest. I would have lost my shit with the lot of them.

Chavelita Fri 28-Apr-17 11:08:12

I only saw part of the olive harvest episode (having thought it was the Italian version of the Real Exotic Marigold Hotel), and, like all those kinds of 'throw a bunch of characters chosen specifically to clash in a room together' programmes, it stressed me out. I thought the ex-detective was about to have another heart attack (and his stress levels about a presumably optional task with no fallout if it wasn't completed suggested why he'd had a heart attack in the first place...?) and that the other man who was his second in command/bromance brother was going to spontaneously combust with rage. The Welsh woman seemed mildly obsessed by social class, and Chi (sp?) had clearly been chosen to be maddening...

The landscape is freakishly beautiful, though.

MrsPeelyWaly Mon 08-May-17 04:16:03

Ive just caught up with Second Chance and Chi is nothing but a lazy arsed chancer.

EmmaWoodlouse Mon 15-May-17 16:24:06

I just watched the last episode on catch up after not being able to watch it on the day.

The thing that's still bugging me is why did Robert have no back story (and now no "three months later" update)? Did he just decide he didn't want the publicity after they shot it, or was he a plant/cameraman/something similar?

MrsPeelyWaly Mon 15-May-17 16:31:08

Hi, there was an update. It said he took a Job with Stavros to learn the wine trade but a few months later he had given it up and was now in business exporting wine to the UK.

I have wondered why it fell by the wayside so quickly.

EmmaWoodlouse Mon 15-May-17 16:32:27

MrsPeelyWaly that was Rob. Robert was a bit over with a shaved head.

EmmaWoodlouse Mon 15-May-17 16:32:42

sorry, that should say "older"!

MrsPeelyWaly Mon 15-May-17 17:06:17

Thank you. I did wonder if I was confused. To be honest you never really saw much of him abd I wonder why?

EmmaWoodlouse Mon 15-May-17 17:16:56

Exactly - I don't think they even told us his name until the third episode, when I thought at first they were talking about Rob. The only other explanation I can think of, apart from the suggestions I made above, is that once or twice I wondered if he was getting quite close to Karen, so maybe if something happened but it didn't work out in the end, there was stuff they couldn't use in the final edit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now