Talk

Advanced search

Peter Kays Car Share

(11 Posts)
MiniCooperLover Tue 25-Apr-17 21:17:30

He just said 'are you on Glue' to his co worker grin

notaflyingmonkey Tue 25-Apr-17 21:37:11

Yep - I thought that only existed on here as well! I thought it was a good show tonight, made me laugh.

Justmuddlingalong Tue 25-Apr-17 21:53:56

Tonight's episode had us howling. I noticed the glue and pom bear references too.

katheroo Tue 25-Apr-17 22:10:52

Definitely a nod to mumsnetters!

Halsall Wed 26-Apr-17 09:21:10

Haha, I immediately said to Dh 'that's from MN!’....then the Pom bears too grin

I see from other threads that some people don't get this show at all. I haven't seen anything Peter Kay's been in (I know, I've been living under a rock) but I love, love, love this. Although I have to confess that I'm a Southern-dwelling Northerner so maybe it's partly a homesickness thing.

thunderpunt Wed 26-Apr-17 12:57:45

I clocked the Pom bears and 'are you on glue?' comment and immediately thought - is Sian Gibson a mumsnetter?!

patchworkpolly Wed 26-Apr-17 14:17:00

I don't believe 'are you on glue' is just a MN thing, we used to say it at school in the 80's but I am originally from the North West, very near to where Peter Kay is from so maybe more a regional thing?

Fl0ellafunbags Wed 26-Apr-17 14:51:15

Ms too. I think it's a fairly general north west thing. I was brought up in a town where Peter Kay has family and he has life in the NW pegged. Everyone has got a story and people are hilarious.

acornsandnuts Wed 26-Apr-17 16:02:35

We'd say it at school 20 years ago. Also northern.

notaflyingmonkey Wed 26-Apr-17 19:13:42

I love Sian Gibson in this, she really does play her character well.

SisterMoonshine Wed 26-Apr-17 22:22:17

That was so a mumsnet episode!
Am I imagining it, or did someone here once say about wee smelling of sugar puffs too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now