Talk

Advanced search

Spectacular Spain with Alex Polizzi

(21 Posts)
CurlieSue Fri 14-Apr-17 21:25:40

Is anyone watching this? What a lovely and interesting programme. What I wouldn't give to hop on a plane and fly off to Spain this very evening. The places she visits are spectacular. I am so jealous of her having such an amazing job.

Summergarden Fri 14-Apr-17 21:28:18

Will watch it later.

Have you seen her previous series on Italy? That was great too.

CurlieSue Fri 14-Apr-17 21:30:22

Hi Summer no, it's the first time I've watched it. Wish I'd seen all the others now. I didn't think it would be so good.

bluebump Fri 14-Apr-17 21:32:35

I've not seen tonight's yet but I've seen the other ones, they are really good.

CurlieSue Fri 14-Apr-17 21:34:40

I really like Alex Polizzi. She gets very emotional about the places she sees and has so much respect, and she just draws you in.

yesbutnobut Fri 14-Apr-17 21:42:50

We're watching it too. So well researched and really makes you want to visit!

CurlieSue Fri 14-Apr-17 21:48:13

I agree. The cinematography (I'm not sure if that's the right word) is brilliant too. It's very varied too - covers locations, buildings, food, wine, flamenco guitars. I still can't get over the man at the ham store when he said he was 70 and looks young due to his heavy consumption of ham and red wine. Sounds good to me!

Summergarden Fri 14-Apr-17 22:03:03

If you have a smart TV with 'Demand 5' on it the Italy series is on there.

Or on my iPad, I went on to my5.tv and can see the episodes on there to watch.
I'm pretty clueless about technology but hope you're able to catch up with them too.

Hulder Sat 15-Apr-17 08:14:19

I really like her series. I find she gives a different perspective to the usual travelogue which is always a man telling us about what to see.

fussychica Sat 15-Apr-17 08:16:07

I love her, very sexy lady, partly down to her passion for life and new experiences. She was in our region for some of last night's programme, though nowhere near us. Beautifully made programme. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Jesmar Sat 22-Apr-17 13:47:48

I love travel programs but I have to say she's the most annoying presenter I've ever come across and had to switch channels merely because of her, as much as I'd have liked to see the show. Yes, she has a great dress sense zero charisma or screen presence not to mention awful hair, and her patronising and snobbish manner is light years away from the often fun and charming style of other presenters. She completely lacks the humility towards and understanding of other cultures and her smiles and winks at the camera are cringeworthy. I think she'd be better off showing off her wardrobe and her overpronounced Spanish place names to likeminded friends - but take her off the TV for goodness' sake! I know I'm in the minority here but this is how I feel!

rosawitch Sat 22-Apr-17 13:49:50

Nah she's great really good presenter the Italian one was good too

bibbitybobbityyhat Sat 22-Apr-17 14:00:39

What channel is this on please?

rosawitch Sat 22-Apr-17 14:02:38

Channel 5 I think

Brown76 Sat 22-Apr-17 14:06:53

I agree about her presentation style Jesmar but I do think she at least speaks the language and has some understanding of the culture, not like some programmes where the presenter comes across as totally unable to communicate with the locals.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sat 22-Apr-17 14:14:12

i like her clothes

KungFuEric Sat 22-Apr-17 14:22:46

Jesmar I do lose respect for a review when 'not go mention her awful hair' is one of the leading criticisms.

Jesmar Sat 22-Apr-17 15:17:13

KungFuEric I totally understand, one's hairstyle shouldn't really be a criteria of whether a presenter is good or not, and truth be told I added it in more as a joke as so many have mentioned her appearance, figure, dress style etc. I guess the joke didn't work. But believe me, the hair is the least of my issues with her - I just find her extremely irritating to watch because of her style of presenting. Brown76 - I wouldn't be so sure she speaks the language. She of course speaks Italian and the two languages are very similar, but although she pronounces all the place names carefully and says the occasional Spanish word, and appears to nod knowingly when listening to one of her interviewees, I haven't actually heard her converse fluently in Spanish. So I can't help wondering whether there's an interpreter behind the camera (like there often is in these kind of programs).

yesbutnobut Sun 23-Apr-17 17:38:54

The next episode features a bull fight so I will NOT be watching. I found the Pamplona running of the bulls section of the programme the other week bad enough.

danTDM Sun 23-Apr-17 21:39:08

I love her, but I do agree, she knows only a couple of badly pronounced words in Spanish. It is a bit cringey.

Definitely a translator involved.

Fab programme though, really good.

justintimeforacuppa Mon 24-Apr-17 16:43:47

Yes, she has a great dress sense zero charisma or screen presence not to mention awful hair
Awful muscular legs too, those short dresses don't suit her. Don't like her, i can imagine her being a bit of a snob in real life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now