Talk

Advanced search

Line of Duty - Late to the party

(27 Posts)
dalek Thu 13-Apr-17 22:36:46

Just finished series 1 and first two episodes of series 2 - how did i miss this first time around?

No spoilers please

ArriettyClock1 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:05:23

Us too!

We had never even heard of it until we started watching the current season. This whetted our appetites and we have binge watched s1 and s2 and are now on s3.

I binge watched the first three series this year, can't believe I missed it first time around. You're in for a treat OP.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 13-Apr-17 23:12:55

Oh I've just watched s1, 2 and 3 over the last couple of weeks - gripped! haven't got around to new series yet - feel a bit nervous in case it's too much of a good thing!

CoolCarrie Thu 13-Apr-17 23:22:13

I missed series 1 so ended up watching 2 & 3, then series 1, but it was fine. Watch them all before you start the 4 th series as it is now half way and quite complicated.

twostepsister Thu 13-Apr-17 23:23:29

Love this guy
cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/20/590x/secondary/Line-of-Duty-873899.jpg

dalek Thu 13-Apr-17 23:51:29

Where are you watching season 3? Only season 1 and 2 on Netflix

ArriettyClock1 Fri 14-Apr-17 00:07:05

Watched 1 and 2 on Netflix, watching 3 via Kodi.

StorminaBcup Fri 14-Apr-17 00:13:33

I'm watching series 4 (I think? BBC on Sundays), and I haven't watched the previous seasons. I must be missing something as I did like it but it seems a bit far-fetched given how particular they are about some aspects of their investigations (trying to dodge spoilers here!). I'm really only staying with it because of my girl-crush on Lol / Kate!

GrimDamnFanjo Fri 14-Apr-17 00:52:42

Lindsey Denton is a fabulous character. I feel jealous. W rewatched all 3 series before this one..

Thegirlinthefireplace Fri 14-Apr-17 01:03:38

Ooh strange coincidence as me and husband have also just finished series 1 and first two episodes of series 2. Great show! Not sure how I go in to watch series 3 though 😤.

I got tipped off to it by the people in the Homeland thread which I lurk on (and bloody love) so thanks to the Homelanders reading.

Mrsknackered Fri 14-Apr-17 01:22:46

I binge watched all 3 seasons end of last year/beginning of this year.
Best decision ever.

Series 3 was on the I player not long ago, I finished it about a month ago.

Mysterycat23 Fri 14-Apr-17 07:59:00

There are more series?! Only saw 1 and 2. Awesome!

NashvilleQueen Fri 14-Apr-17 08:06:04

Beat cop programme hands down.

Love Ted Hastings. Flawed moral hero that he is.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Fri 14-Apr-17 09:41:38

This thread prompted me to check how much of the last series is still on iPlayer. The answer is that the final episode of series 3 is the only one still up - so I rewatched it in the bath on a whim. It is a) a full 90 minutes long (my fingers are a bit wrinkly) b) a rollicking rollercoaster ride full of interviews, incident, nail biting tension and batshit action sequences c) fucking fantastic

Thegirlinthefireplace Fri 14-Apr-17 11:24:39

People who've seen it all, could I watch series 4 while it's still on iplayer before watching series 3 or would that be a mistake? It's not clear yet from where I've reached whether they are each individual stories or a long connected narrative.

tribpot Fri 14-Apr-17 11:29:46

So far I don't think there's anything in S4 that would spoil your enjoyment of S3 later, except that it would be obvious some of the long-running plot threads have been wrapped up in S3 (but not how). However, LoD does have form for revisiting older plot points so it wouldn't be guaranteed.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Fri 14-Apr-17 13:08:55

I think you'd miss a bit of the tension if you watched them in the wrong order. LOD is notorious for twists and killing off people at unexpected moments and there are moments in Series 3 where we had absolutely no idea whatsoever who would live or die or go to jail or get away scot free. If you watch series 4 first you'll lose some of that edge of seat adrenaline that comes from knowing that absolutely anything could happen. But it would still be great.

I think if you started 4 without watching 3 you'd have a lot of unanswered questions.

I loved the last episode of series 3, Hastings was pure class. I want to be Vicky McClure when I grow up as well after that.

Thegirlinthefireplace Fri 14-Apr-17 16:01:35

Ok thanks all, I don't want to risk spoiling it so will do them in order.

justpeachy74 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:07:35

I binge watched series 1 & 2 on Netflix and was quite pleased to get to the latest one. Half way through & realised I have skipped series 3 confused so frustrating!
Dilemma now as to whether to carry on with series 4 or wait for series 3 to appear somewhere...

AnnPerkins Wed 26-Apr-17 14:18:54

I'm up to date on series 4 and halfway through series 1. Not seen anything inbetween.

I've seen enough to know there is good reason to watch them all in sequence if you can.

Series 3 is available to buy on Amazon video for £9.99.

trinitybleu Wed 26-Apr-17 14:23:09

We did s1, 2 and 3 in 2 weeks just before s4 started... I would definitely go back if you've missed any.

cherrytree63 Thu 27-Apr-17 08:39:41

I watched series 3 after it was recommend on here, then series 1 & 2 on Netflix.
Now watching 4.
I've just bought series 1 - 3 on DVD as I don't have Netflix anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now