Talk

Advanced search

Line of Duty - Late to the party

(27 Posts)
dalek Thu 13-Apr-17 22:36:46

Just finished series 1 and first two episodes of series 2 - how did i miss this first time around?

No spoilers please

ArriettyClock1 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:05:23

Us too!

We had never even heard of it until we started watching the current season. This whetted our appetites and we have binge watched s1 and s2 and are now on s3.

EnglishGirlApproximately Thu 13-Apr-17 23:06:50

I binge watched the first three series this year, can't believe I missed it first time around. You're in for a treat OP.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Thu 13-Apr-17 23:12:55

Oh I've just watched s1, 2 and 3 over the last couple of weeks - gripped! haven't got around to new series yet - feel a bit nervous in case it's too much of a good thing!

CoolCarrie Thu 13-Apr-17 23:22:13

I missed series 1 so ended up watching 2 & 3, then series 1, but it was fine. Watch them all before you start the 4 th series as it is now half way and quite complicated.

twostepsister Thu 13-Apr-17 23:23:29

Love this guy
cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/20/590x/secondary/Line-of-Duty-873899.jpg

dalek Thu 13-Apr-17 23:51:29

Where are you watching season 3? Only season 1 and 2 on Netflix

ArriettyClock1 Fri 14-Apr-17 00:07:05

Watched 1 and 2 on Netflix, watching 3 via Kodi.

StorminaBcup Fri 14-Apr-17 00:13:33

I'm watching series 4 (I think? BBC on Sundays), and I haven't watched the previous seasons. I must be missing something as I did like it but it seems a bit far-fetched given how particular they are about some aspects of their investigations (trying to dodge spoilers here!). I'm really only staying with it because of my girl-crush on Lol / Kate!

GrimDamnFanjo Fri 14-Apr-17 00:52:42

Lindsey Denton is a fabulous character. I feel jealous. W rewatched all 3 series before this one..

Thegirlinthefireplace Fri 14-Apr-17 01:03:38

Ooh strange coincidence as me and husband have also just finished series 1 and first two episodes of series 2. Great show! Not sure how I go in to watch series 3 though 😤.

I got tipped off to it by the people in the Homeland thread which I lurk on (and bloody love) so thanks to the Homelanders reading.

Mrsknackered Fri 14-Apr-17 01:22:46

I binge watched all 3 seasons end of last year/beginning of this year.
Best decision ever.

EnglishGirlApproximately Fri 14-Apr-17 07:48:27

Series 3 was on the I player not long ago, I finished it about a month ago.

Mysterycat23 Fri 14-Apr-17 07:59:00

There are more series?! Only saw 1 and 2. Awesome!

NashvilleQueen Fri 14-Apr-17 08:06:04

Beat cop programme hands down.

Love Ted Hastings. Flawed moral hero that he is.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Fri 14-Apr-17 09:41:38

This thread prompted me to check how much of the last series is still on iPlayer. The answer is that the final episode of series 3 is the only one still up - so I rewatched it in the bath on a whim. It is a) a full 90 minutes long (my fingers are a bit wrinkly) b) a rollicking rollercoaster ride full of interviews, incident, nail biting tension and batshit action sequences c) fucking fantastic

Thegirlinthefireplace Fri 14-Apr-17 11:24:39

People who've seen it all, could I watch series 4 while it's still on iplayer before watching series 3 or would that be a mistake? It's not clear yet from where I've reached whether they are each individual stories or a long connected narrative.

tribpot Fri 14-Apr-17 11:29:46

So far I don't think there's anything in S4 that would spoil your enjoyment of S3 later, except that it would be obvious some of the long-running plot threads have been wrapped up in S3 (but not how). However, LoD does have form for revisiting older plot points so it wouldn't be guaranteed.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Fri 14-Apr-17 13:08:55

I think you'd miss a bit of the tension if you watched them in the wrong order. LOD is notorious for twists and killing off people at unexpected moments and there are moments in Series 3 where we had absolutely no idea whatsoever who would live or die or go to jail or get away scot free. If you watch series 4 first you'll lose some of that edge of seat adrenaline that comes from knowing that absolutely anything could happen. But it would still be great.

EnglishGirlApproximately Fri 14-Apr-17 13:36:05

I think if you started 4 without watching 3 you'd have a lot of unanswered questions.

I loved the last episode of series 3, Hastings was pure class. I want to be Vicky McClure when I grow up as well after that.

Thegirlinthefireplace Fri 14-Apr-17 16:01:35

Ok thanks all, I don't want to risk spoiling it so will do them in order.

justpeachy74 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:07:35

I binge watched series 1 & 2 on Netflix and was quite pleased to get to the latest one. Half way through & realised I have skipped series 3 confused so frustrating!
Dilemma now as to whether to carry on with series 4 or wait for series 3 to appear somewhere...

AnnPerkins Wed 26-Apr-17 14:18:54

I'm up to date on series 4 and halfway through series 1. Not seen anything inbetween.

I've seen enough to know there is good reason to watch them all in sequence if you can.

Series 3 is available to buy on Amazon video for £9.99.

trinitybleu Wed 26-Apr-17 14:23:09

We did s1, 2 and 3 in 2 weeks just before s4 started... I would definitely go back if you've missed any.

cherrytree63 Thu 27-Apr-17 08:39:41

I watched series 3 after it was recommend on here, then series 1 & 2 on Netflix.
Now watching 4.
I've just bought series 1 - 3 on DVD as I don't have Netflix anymore.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: